Am I confused on determining a winning Omaha hand?

D

Dvups1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand the rules of Omaha you must use 2 of your 4 cards to make your best hand. I understand that a flush is 5 cards of a similar suit. I was told that I didn’t have a flush in the following scenario.

If I have the Ad,2d,3c,4c and the board is

Kd,Qd,9d,6d,8h

Do I have a diamond flush or simply Ace high?

D

Dvups1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you.

I was not awarded the hand. I was the only one with diamonds. I am still searching for a video online that shows this particular scenario so I can show the offender.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I understand the rules of Omaha you must use 2 of your 4 cards to make your best hand. I understand that a flush is 5 cards of a similar suit. I was told that I didn’t have a flush in the following scenario.

If I have the Ad,2d,3c,4c and the board is

Kd,Qd,9d,6d,8h

Do I have a diamond flush or simply Ace high?

I was not awarded the hand. I was the only one with diamonds. I am still searching for a video online that shows this particular scenario so I can show the offender.

You definitely have the nut flush. Are you sure the other player did not have Jd 10d, giving him a straight flush. If so, we would need to see a display of the hand.

What poker site was it?

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You definitely have the nut flush. Are you sure the other player did not have Jd 10d, giving him a straight flush. If so we would need to see the a display of the hand.

What poker site was it?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was a home game.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Your hand is 100% Ad,Kd,Qd,9d,2d

D

Dvups1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a home game.

The pot went to a person with only pocket Ks giving him three Ks.

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a home game.

The pot went to a person with only pocket Ks giving him three Ks.
I would guess they missed your 2d. Did you jump up and down and wave it around and make clear you weren't just attempting to play the Ad?

D

Dvups1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was very sure of my hand and made the case that my two of diamonds played.

The person dealing said that my 2 didn’t play since it was below the diamonds on the board and since I could only use 3 of the board and my 2 was under the board I couldn’t play it.

It wasn’t Like we were playing for big money, I just didn’t like the fact that they were wrong and wouldn’t listen to reason. I read the rules out but it was still no good.

I just didn’t play anymore.

No big deal. I like the game. I’ll find another game somewhere else and keep at it.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was very sure of my hand and made the case that my two of diamonds played.

The person dealing said that my 2 didn’t play since it was below the diamonds on the board and since I could only use 3 of the board and my 2 was under the board I couldn’t play it.

It wasn’t Like we were playing for big money, I just didn’t like the fact that they were wrong and wouldn’t listen to reason. I read the rules out but it was still no good.

I just didn’t play anymore.

No big deal. I like the game. I’ll find another game somewhere else and keep at it.
Yeah, that "dealer" is wrong. If I were you I would teach those knuckleheads the rules and play them some more because they don't seem to bright :)

D

Dvups1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hopefully we can play again someday after the rules are followed.

For now, I’ll just concentrate on improving my game online.

Thanks again.

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I would play with them again.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands