Always lose with Aces. Advice please.

wetmoose

wetmoose

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one thing about a shove. you won t make any more mistakes!!

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always lose with Aces

Pocket Aces can be the kiss of death at times:smile. Do you push, or let the the other players make the running and trap them?
There are too many variables for a definitive right or wrong answer. How many players seated? Your position before the flop? Aggressive or placid opponents?
How much is your stack?
Remember aces are not unbeatable, and there is always some yo-yo who thinks 8 10 off is a good hand and gets lucky with the flop.
Under the gun or early position always bet the nominal 4x the pot and sit back and take it from there.

:smile:

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When AA appears, its a good chance to bet much more. This depends from the previous hands you played. If you had again AA it is possoble not to win with AA all the time. AA is just a pair and if someone has just two pair like 22 and 55, you lose!

T

Tode8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can loose with every hand even with AA,so bet litle more pre-flop and hope to take a call from someone who have good hand to call you(like a AK AQ),so in that case you are favourite.Don't limp AA always rise. :D

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
learn to play your opponents and your table over your own hands that is the key to maximizing your return with solid hands so taking notes is the first step

yes might take months on notes but if you keep showing quality hands in a period of time you will have to change your play at times to win with aces you will not get the calls as before by showing solid hands etc..

the ideal is to trick the opponent not just win a hand if they become confused by your moves in time with notes you can and should own them

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pocket Aces can be the kiss of death at times:smile. Do you push, or let the the other players make the running and trap them?
There are too many variables for a definitive right or wrong answer. How many players seated? Your position before the flop? Aggressive or placid opponents?
How much is your stack?
Remember aces are not unbeatable, and there is always some yo-yo who thinks 8 10 off is a good hand and gets lucky with the flop.
Under the gun or early position always bet the nominal 4x the pot and sit back and take it from there.

:smile:

Oh yes,even profs really lost their stacks with aces)))More you play-more you lose!

P

Poker247

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All you can do (and the best players in poker strive to do the same) is consistently get your money in good. If you play well, the money will follow. Sure AA will get cracked, and sometimes, if you are deep-stacked and see a flop you can avoid getting crushed by taking into account flop texture and your opponent (getting a good read on their hand helps!). But over the long run, AA is a very strong preflop hand and you have to play aggressively if you want to do well. Gl!

P

Patrick333

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I bet 3bb with aa. If the flop is nice I wil continue betting. Is it a dangerous flop I will observe my opponent and play carefully. If the board is 8 10 J and the opponent is raising I probably fold.