Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Members CC

I want to ask you about play allin at preflop. Do you think play allin or call allin on preflop is good choice with some pair 10+ or its bad idea? :cool:

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think is a good choice only when you have a small stack like 5-6 bbs,but in general i dont like playing all in preflop because is just bingo.

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on opponents. vs aggresive player - maybe good..

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you have monster cards like AA KK QQ it is not a good idea to go all in in preflop... you frighten opponents

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often use this technique. But it's better not to scare rivals and not to go with Allin preflop with a big stack.

vitorbonatto

vitorbonatto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on your stack (lower than 5 bb) you can go all in with any pair. and with golden hands (AA-KK) you can go with any stack in my opinion

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I had AA.KK.QQ then I go, good chance to double up..

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it depends on situation, but unless you're playing freerolls or micro stakes then in most situations you wont get the most value by going all in with monsters.

A

alextepi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me fold is gold in almost 90% of the time or more

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often wonder about players who go all in preflop,. Why are they doing it, are they trying to bluff everybody away, or what? They most likely have a fairly weak hand otherwise they would stay in the pot to gather up the cash when they won. However it is a good psychological bet as nobody wants to be out of the game.

S

Slax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would say it might be , Hooked or better is what i always call it.

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending of the cards and your position , if you have AA KK QQ JJ TT or AK AQ KQ sometimes work and if you are in the button so you are a monster with that cards

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often wonder about players who go all in preflop,. Why are they doing it, are they trying to bluff everybody away, or what? They most likely have a fairly weak hand otherwise they would stay in the pot to gather up the cash when they won. However it is a good psychological bet as nobody wants to be out of the game.
Sometimes you can do it with strong hand but pretending you likely have weak hand. But it depends on opponents.

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls in the early stages, all go to Allin, even on older cards. On pair 10 + it is possible not bad to lift the stack or to collect a blind

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only for playing in freerolls. Any all in preflop is a stupid lottery lucky or not .. Why risk? Play a small raise and see the flop. Pair 10 is not an excellent hand preflop .. any picture and you are already behind .. On the flop, seeing the picture can always be thrown out and not worried.

SeregaBear

SeregaBear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Often lost with KK vs 58.All in it as a lottery in my opinion.

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with most people above that going all in pre-flop is a lottery. 10 10 vs KIng Jack gives 10 10 a 56% percentage chance of winning over King jack. Almost like a coin toss. I would much rather raise with 10 10 and play the hand out.

ic1uc1

ic1uc1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A nice size raise will acomplish about the same as an all in but cost you less if you get out flopped.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would only do it if I am very short stacked and better yet if I am first to act.

W

WisdomMan87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lots of people shove all in pre because of one of the following
1. they are short stacked
example: say they have like 8 bb and theres 3 1/2 bb in blinds and antis well it would make shoving there hand short more +ev in a lot of spots because of all the dead money in the middle that could add 44% chips to his stack if folded around.
2.you have a really good hand and theres bin some loose calls you have noticed.
Example: say your in a rebuy tourney and see one or two players going all in with or calling with qj q10 j10 suited 78 , stuff like that well in that case i would shove pre and hope to hold with ak aq aa kk qq jj , stuff like that.
3.if you want to try to get a bounty of a weak player and dont want everyone to come along to try to win his bounty.
Example: say guy utg goes all in for 200 chips and has a 5$ bounty and the blinds are 100/200 , you have ak , your utg+1 i would shove there because if you just call with ak there , you are letting other people into the pot cheaply to get a shot at his bounty with bad cards behind you.

Those are just some examples of when i take an all-in line

E

evaldas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i got decent amount of chips I'm not going for allin, if everyone going fold after that there is no use of good hand

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not bad to go with everything but with nice maps but if you cared come in without thinking

G

Glebtyzhnyh90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only AA and KK, well, QQ, everything else in the fold. It all depends on the situation, the tournament situation, and the strategy of the players at the table, if conservative players do, then with 10 10 you can re-raise confidently if you rearrange the fold

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not,if the premium cards.

I don't like all-ins unless you are trying to jam with a good hand. The biggest problem is that usually the only call you are going to get has you crushed. You can win the minimum or get called by AA/KK and bust.

Funny how the answer to just about every poker question is.....it depends...