Allin with pocket pairs

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are plenty of times its appropriate regardless if 22 - 77 or AA and KK. So long as you are comfortable with the fact that you are putting your tourney life on the line and willing to accept a bad beat or many bad beats, lol. But this all comes into play with what the particular situation you are in.

If used as a hard and fast rule you will likely wind up throwing your chips away too.

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in>88 between 2player All in>JJ between 3 player and cover them All in>KK with any much player

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends a lot on whether the pair is very strong or weak and the position. A pair like AA in any position is always good to raise or re-raise and in case they keep betting, go all in. In case of pairs not as strong as JJ-1010 or minor pairs, I always prefer to call before a raise and see what brings the flop. If there are higher cards on the table than my pair, depending on the player I face, I prefer to retire. regards

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on your position and the number of your chips and the profile of your opponents. It is also possible to try to bluff the shot. if you have a good reputation the other players will have trouble paying you if they do not have good cards.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many players go Allin with pocket pairs, how do you think how much is appropriate???

Usually if blinds change fast, I go all-in with any pocket pair simply because any pair is in the lead vs any two high cards.

If blinds go slow, then I make a small raise and then assess the situation.

S

spater

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls always but if I paid to play I'll consider position and stack size. Of course in a cash game it all chnges.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on what the scenario is. I would much rather play the hand out. I have a tendency to get better results from playing instead of shoving.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm seeing any pair pushing late in tourneys more and more recently. Generally plays very well against non pairs.