Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In wich situations do you think is valid to do an all in pre-flop? I usualy do in low chips situations with a pair.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you think you have it..

All in pre-flop, usually with AA, KK, QQ or high suited connectors. Mtt I used discretion with pre-flop KJs, and won. Shoved pre-flop with AA, opponent had JJ, paired the board, full house. "At least I was the pre-flop favorite." Yeah, loser's say that to themselves a lot.

Jwl8092

Jwl8092

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anytime you want to protect your hand, or scoop up chips.

JW

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
when my stack is down and i have good pocket pair......or i go with feeling....

Jwl8092

Jwl8092

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Jamming on turn has always been my favorite. But you gotta get it in where and when you can

JW

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think this is very relative, for some and other people, I don't believe there is a rule, but of course when we have hands with AA, KK, QQ or high suited connectors. These are the best odds of winning, but you won't always win.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
There are many factors to consider. Much depends on the format of the tournament and who your opponents are. But in general, sometimes aggressive play can give very good results.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In theory i go all in only with one of the top 5 hands.
But in practice, i often brake my rule and most of the time i lose :)

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well there's many moments in poker when all-in works. But without a proper scenario it's hard to tell, but ofc big pairs usually will do or suited cards

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the profile

it depends a lot on what profile your opponents are in a preflop allin you should measure the strength of your allin because you should evaluate your hand cards and your amount of chips

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In wich situations do you think is valid to do an all in pre-flop? I usualy do in low chips situations with a pair.
You can play a lot of hands on anything, it's called aggressive play, but it's important to understand what you're doing and why you're doing it! Aggressive play is sometimes very profitable, but you should understand which players should be played aggressively against! Good luck at the tables!

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips

preferably, if you have the opportunity, never :), but I agree with you and not necessarily with a pair , but also with a good ace and kicker, like a-j, a-q, maybe a-10 :)

S

StressMit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on the situation. If you have a strong hand you might want to build the pot instead of chasing players $$ out.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Like other members said - it depends on many factors(like stack size, format of the game, number of players left to act...) ; I usually try to avoid putting a big stack(50+BBs) in preflop even with kings or aces(of course I open and/or 3-bet with it) as IMO a good player can the difference postflop (save / make chips depending on the board), still with a small stack(~10BBs) you just have to go with your top hands and hope for the best...

Have a great Sunday everyone and GLGL at the tables!

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
depending if you are short stack and if the tournament is just beginning
i go all in pre flop only if i fell i have a winning hand