All in Preflop(or calling it preflop)

Barbarrossa

Barbarrossa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just curious the type of cards it takes others to go all in... Either going all in.. OR calling all in. I've seen some ridiculous cards.. by the all in and/or the caller.

Honesty I hesitate to even list what I've gone all in with.. but I do preface it with it is situational. example.. If I'm the short stack.. the blinds at this stage are eating me up and I have to try to hit a spot where I have a shot at doubling up.

Just saw two chip leaders go at each other.. all in with 9 9 and called by A K offsuit. king hit.. 9 hit on the turn. Trip 9's and now chip leader in tournament.

guidance?

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In my opinion, it is gambling, if you still have enough chips and go all-in preflop.
It makes only sense when you are a shortstack. 99 is easily dominated by many other hands. So it really makes no sense to push them.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just curious the type of cards it takes others to go all in... Either going all in.. OR calling all in. I've seen some ridiculous cards.. by the all in and/or the caller.

Honesty I hesitate to even list what I've gone all in with.. but I do preface it with it is situational. example.. If I'm the short stack.. the blinds at this stage are eating me up and I have to try to hit a spot where I have a shot at doubling up.

Just saw two chip leaders go at each other.. all in with 9 9 and called by A K offsuit. king hit.. 9 hit on the turn. Trip 9's and now chip leader in tournament.

guidance?

It depends on stage and position you're in but flips in tourneys where it's 99 versus AKo is pretty common and standard. You wanna be playing very tight in early position and loosening up your range when you're closer to or in position.
When I know that I need to double up ASAP and it folds to me on the button and I know for certain that the blinds play very tight, I usually shove any two cards because I know I have fold equity and the large blinds/antes would be a good addition to my stack.
You don't necessarily need a good hand to gain chips in tourneys is what I'm saying.
If you don't use it , you probably want to try incorporating M value into your MTT game as well. The numeric value of M usually indicates whether you're in shove/fold mode or whether you're able to play much more speculative hands.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
The problem is with freerolls and low buyins
Usually in these kind of tournaments you see a lot of people going all in
with ridiculous cards.
Thats why i try not to go with them
But....if you get AA KK QQ TT KA QA eventually call allin. It pay good
Go slowly at early stages anyway
Rgds

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if im 1 or 2 and facing the 1 or 2 in chips i dont want to risk my tourney life with either hand. if i shoved with 99 i would be hoping for all folds. if i have AK and was shoved into i probably fold. this all depends on my reads and what level the tourney is in. but if its late and im 1 or 2 in chips im looking for a better hand to shove or call with.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ALL IN

I'm considering the situation of the place about all in and am handling it carefully, too.

But when thinking I win terribly, there is also fact that I'm not particular about the situation and win by all means.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything is situational. Depends on when and who. In a tourney also depends on stack sizes.

I've seen ppl go in with small pairs. Not too smart. Coin flip at best against any hand that calls and often dominated by a larger PP. But, online it may be worth a gamble because the odds the unlikely occurring. You can still win, but you will win less than in real life given the same EV.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It amuses me when chip leaders go all in preflop. Spending all the chips you've been earning for hours is not wise.

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only go all in if I am lack stack, but only if I have a pair of at least 66 or AQ AK, or I wait till the last blind eats me :D
If stack big, I only go all in if there is no chance someone having higher card than me. I used to do different, but more discipline in my play now :)

G

ggteam2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to look at others and decide myself whether to go all-in or not. It depends on your stack,your reputation, your position, stage of the tourney, or maybe you have to go somewhere lol and you go all-in.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only one tourney this morning 77 had 3 shoves in front of me i called off my chips was ak 99 88 lol but i play these peeps and honestly all 3 of those hands coulda been worse in this situation and id didnt mind the race ..... small buy in a 1.10 300 gtd chip up or go home .... pot woulda been 15k started hour late woulda put me in a money position so ya wasnt folding pockets.... i would not go lower then 66 though usually even if was isolation of one other player usually 66 will be vs ak for me for whatever reason

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's pure gambling. Anything can go down on the cards

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If I go all in I want whats in the middle.. Hoping I don't get called. But if I do get called they have to beat aa, ak, aq, kk or qq. I limp in with small and middle pair and hope to trip up. If not I usually fold according to what the board looks like.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are opponents who play chuyke, with them mathematics is powerless, or in knockout tournaments often people close on any cards - for a knockout it is profitable

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion, All-in preflop is very risky tournaments. When you're playing cashgame okay. You rebuy and is back. But if there is no such option, put all-in preflop is middle even suicide that has a good hand. Do you have a AA, then another player at the table has a 24. Then after the flop he makes two pairs (22 and 44) ​​... Goodbye to you​

M

mvt191

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in micro stages and i see quite a few players who are fearless. Few days ago i have KK he had JQ and going allin preflop both had big tournament stacks. He win for straight. Very nice :)

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
blinds 400/800 in league last week 7 left . one guy 2k chips rest 13k top villian im 12k rest like 6-8k range

i get dealt qq big chip leader bet 2400 one caller since ive played these two a ton i shove thinking marginal hands will fold one fold other aq chip leader offsuit he spiked ace....looking at the play if had over would see flop and fold....

yet really thought since they have played me and ive played them that i had to have a monster:) anyway just saying you never know how someone is gonna play versus you on any given day

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It really depends on chip stacks. If your 400BB deep, why would you want to risk all of your chips pre-flop, even with AA? If somebody shoves before you, of course, you're going to call, but I wouldn't be overly happy punting off a huge stack pre-flop.

Equally, if I'm down to 15-20BB I'm shoving basically any A from mid to late position and if it gets folded round to me on the button I'm shoving any two cards, probably without even looking.

I would suggest looking up some shove/fold charts. Pokercoaching.com and upswingpoker.com have some easy to use guides for every position with various BB counts up to 25BB, if I recall correctly.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is very situational. You can't take one play and use it universally. That is what makes good players good and weak players weak. Good players know how to take advantage of a situation. I would recommend studying those situations and understanding all the elements that played into those decisions, then deciding if it was the right or wrong move. . . . at that time.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

guidance?
Where against one opponent you can easily push all-in with AJ suited, against the other you will have to throw even hands like AK and QQ.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) The most important thing is math. You need to know how one or another of your hands is here against the range of the opponent. And know how she should stand for a plus call. 2) Make adjustments in the ranges in relation to the positions in which you are. The later the positions, the looser the game. 3) Consider the influence of dynamics, it can also have an impact on the ranges of hands, moving them more toward value hands or, conversely, bluffs. 4) Keep track of your opponents. Perhaps one of them loudly declares by his actions that he is in a bad psychological state. Use this to tune your ranges.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely any two cards can win all in. Remember this when you risk your participation in the tournament. Is it worth leaving your fate to a coin toss, or is it better to consistently and patiently achieve a result that will depend more on You?:)