Chips
wait for good card and knock out him!

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's the best way to deal with the all in player that knows no other way to play, except all in every play?
I guess it's best to just wait him out and pick your spots. I've found, at least online, that the all in tactic only works until it doesn't. Yeah the villain might get lucky for a while but eventually he will get stacked. Just use the very top of your range and if variance works against you at least you'll know you made the best decision you could. We can't really worry about other peoples poor play just our own. Make the right calls and your bankroll will grow. Good luck at the tables!!

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's the best way to deal with the all in player that knows no other way to play, except all in every play?

Preflop call them with top of the ranges.
If they go all in after flop..you should call depends on board cards..

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably this player is all in with anything, good time to enjoy :)

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always play for value and in possession, that way I think it reduces the rich .....

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wait until someone takes them out?

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think everyone is right with saying calling with a tighter range. To be a bit trick and depending on my position to the "all in" player. I will jam a stronger range to take the move away from them. That only works if the table is passive due to the agro player.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players like that lose alone, let him bet when you have a good hand and in the end you will be the villain!

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play live poker in a rebuy often against a fool who shoves preflop from utg without looking at his cards.. j 8 off is 49.8 % against any random hand heads up so if i have any equity in the pot and noone behind i get it in witb him and it works. Usually im better than J8 though but the strategy works when im online and headsup with a fool doing it online too..

GREAT RESPONSE. I hate when there a a player constantly shoving at the table. There is no skill involved with this type of player. And I too have seen some freaky runs with someone who shoves 8-10 times in a row and gets called on a bunch of them and seems to win each time.

For me, I will not wait for premium hands to get in the mix because I know the maniac is shoving with basically any two, so I have a wider than normal range in most cases. However, I normally do this from late position so that I know I can get maniac heads up. I don't want someone else coming in behind me with a shove too. If I am in EP, then I limp with monsters to encourage the maniac to continue to shove. Middle position my range is much tighter, I am hoping to catch a premium hand that I can get all in with, or, I am hoping someone else nocks maniac off...or at least down.

F

fastfash25

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
let them weed themselves out

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Destructor (mackmasters) is one of these players.He goes all in the first hand with any 2.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your need to wait a premium hands and also go to all in, then everything is in the hands of luck:).

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience and expecting a good hand, those players always fall.

M

mikeyg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it kind of ruins poker sometimes,freerolls you understand if they are trying to get a stack early but it happens with some games that they reg for wait ages for it to start and donk out 1st hand with nothing,makes no sense but better for the shark to feed

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What if I told you... Oh, never mind.

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in cash simply change the table but in tournament call AA KK AK and be careful those players have too much luck :p

HypnoT0AD

HypnoT0AD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to fold trash and medium strength hands, and wait for KK, AA for AK. Maybe QQ maybe not!

I know this isn't optimal but it depends on game type, antes/noantes atc/

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is not a problem at all, just wait for a good hand and make a call.