All in players

S

semil

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How are we suppose to handle those players with super high stakes and you are on average stakes and the other player is going all in for every have. I have 20 Blinds.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait for a good hand - and rely on luck. Ready hand = pocket pair 9+

AT+ are also often a good hand, especially if you have 10-20 left on the stack. But remember that having won such an exhibition, you should become more important - fortune is changeable, and the risk of 30-40 may not be justified. Try to avoid making decisions in the blind.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

ezock777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just wait untill I ve got really good cards, eg, KK & then I go for it. I find that if I can win one good hand, they tend to go softer on u

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He will drain his stack quickly, so there will come a time when your 20BB will not mean going all in when he goes all in. THat is - if you will catch an opportunity to go 1 vs 1 with him, if he will not go bust already, when you get your playing hand.

So its not like you have to wait for those KK or JJ to come - more likely his stack will drain faster.

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call him with every good cards, don't be afraid, if you will be waiting for strong hand your 20bb can instantly disappear.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go all-in with them or play limit poker,,,your choice:deal:

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players either do not understand what they are doing, or just want to have fun. If you have a full table of such rivals, you understand what it means: normal poker has come to an end.

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait for some good hand and call him ;)

steve101651

steve101651

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players either do not understand what they are doing, or just want to have fun. If you have a full table of such rivals, you understand what it means: normal poker has come to an end.

This is very, very true. I couldn't believe the first time I learnt that people shove with air. I called with a low pair, and doubled up. Wtf?

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suffer from it on the tables.

I've changed the boundaries of the mtts that I dispute and this continues to occur.

In addition to these situations in the early stages, today I went through two advanced stages of the Big tournament (0.55 and 5.50) post itm with a good stack of a / k in both the villain forces me in an all in pre flop involving a lot record.

In the two they were of J / J and they took.

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wait untill I ve got really good cards, eg, KK & then I go for it. I find that if I can win one good hand, they tend to go softer on u

Yeah. that's the way it goes

Jankou36

Jankou36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wait till he will stop or lose. If you have good hand like AJ+ or JJ+ check if you know he is really mad and he goes all in without nothing. In most case just fold, but it depends on how high are antes, phase of the tournament and your hand strength ofc

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To handle all-in players, try to have a premium hand at the least and then luck take over after because even though your hand is better, a worst hand could end up winning.

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the players who always go all in. They usually lose everything if you are playing right. You need to wait nice cards and then to follow. You can make profit playing with that kind of players.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
try to figure out their range then play back accordingly

E

evaldas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I notice that they are just lucky for some time. I'm waiting till that luck goes away and calling with better hand

S

Seepti

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sure

Call him with every good cards, don't be afraid, if you will be waiting for strong hand your 20bb can instantly disappear.

R

reggie_g

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wait for good cards and call him

Jhon Lozano

Jhon Lozano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In recent days many of these players have emerged, so I've noticed that strategy is used to grow chips by earning low pots, what you should do is wait for a good hand, and generate a strong hand, on the flop.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Adjust your own pushing/calling range appropriately and then just play the cards you're dealt.

Seriously there's a whole range of things you need to take into account here, including the tournament situation and structure (I assume we're talking about tournaments here). It's not necessarily the right thing to JUST tighten up your calling range and wait it out - in a lot of cases, that'll result in you getting blinded down or out waiting for a hand, or getting blinded down to the point when even if you do catch a good hand and double up, you'll still be short stacked.

The solution is usually to have been more aggressive at an earlier stage to prevent this happening in the first place. And when it does happen, it's possible you should be looking into options like widening your shoving range and finding good spots to shove yourself and either steal blinds or (even better) double up.

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it looks very stupid
and it is incredibly nervous when I see like players))

Y

Yura Nabok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for a good hand - and really on luck

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Such players at the table are a problem and a dilemma, especially when good combinations come and my stack is equal or less. and I want to at least look at the flop ... in my opinion, one way out is to wait for monsters, or for example AK and rely on luck.

B

bumerangue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wait for the right spot, 20 blinds its a good number for middle/late stages and there is a high probability you can double up with a not-so-nice hand like AJ, AT, 77, 88 I guess