All in player

G

Gnikace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play your game. A Freeroll is no different from other tournaments, that's what you should have head. Your tactics should not differ and depend on the buy-in you paid. If you can be disciplined in the free tournament, then go all the way in a few hours in a MTT cash is not difficult. IMHO. :itsme:
I disagree. A freeroll usually is different because you usually face a different kind of opponent(s), at least in the beginning of the freeroll tournament. You will face a lot of loose aggressive players, and lots of donks, so you should play more tight and (semi)bluff much less. Only play premium hands in the beginning of a freeroll. Tournaments with micro buy-ins are somewhat similar.

M

mr_poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Top hands before the flop, I play very aggressively on the flop already on the situation.

Royal_074

Royal_074

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not aggressive player, but if I have Premium hand: only raise 3BB or all-in)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Figure out the villans range, know the icm of the situation, and act accordingly.

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not make impulsive decisions, just call all-in opponents on the premium hands.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a freeroll... You cannot blame the others for playing that loose when NOTHING IS AT STAKE FOR THEM... If you want good poker, put more in to begin with simple as that.

You can't put nothing in and expect good quality opponents or high tier poker.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Can't stand those tourneys.
You're so dependent on quick luck or you're gone in the first 5 mins.
I stay clear of that game unless there's absolutely nothing else on the board.

Because those first 5 mins are super crucial and will determine if you win or lose a game that can last 4+ hours.

We here at CC used to think we were immune from having to deal with this problem, turned out to be not true. Avoiding these games pretty much means not playing free rolls or micro buy ins. Best figure out a strategy that works for you & deal with it.

A

Acunaaldje

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't stand those tourneys.
You're so dependent on quick luck or you're gone in the first 5 mins.
I stay clear of that game unless there's absolutely nothing else on the board.
Yes, right then poker is a bet instead of a game.

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my advice is to play only AA premium hands KK QQ JJ AK in the initial stages, in the bubble I suggest you play all in with good hands since everyone will want to add points or get prizes and then the bubble play premium hands and AX KX QJ cheaply and if you hit the flop bet or otherwise fold.

I also like to play suited concectors

alan moises

alan moises

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have also done this with AA hands KK QQ, but QQ I have a misfortune that almost every time I go out with this pair is defeat

F

Forbesy604

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to be patient for a few hands, but you have to go all in at some point

R

raymondzav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
top hands only in early, stages to double your stack.