All-in issues

Jancianna

Jancianna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sup guys! I want to ask you for an advice one on thing that's been bugging me for a while now in tournaments. So far I mostly play in play money ones or pokerschool open league freeroll tournaments and there is this one thing people tend to do there and I really don't know how to deal with it.
Someone always goes all-in in the first rounds of the tourney. It doesn't even matter what hands they have. I understand if someone with AA goes all in but then you have these people with 57o and worse following them and I just don't understand why. And what this does is that it gives such a massive chip advantage to the guy who got lucky and it becomes kind of harder to play against such person only because of few morons who think poker is all or nothing coin flip game.
What am I supposed to do in these situations? Do I go all-in with trash hand too and hope for the best or just sit back and later get dominated by the guy who got lucky?
Does this happen in real money tournaments often as well or is it just the ones where not much is at stake?
How do you guys deal with this?

wildyetty

wildyetty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the bet way i find to play these nuts is
#1 only play them when your in position
#2 DoNOT call their all - ins light ( IE 22 - 77)
#Try to see as many flops against them ( they are obviously unskilled and don't know what they are doing)
#3 jist of it you only want to play these clowns if it cheap enough preflop people that are shoving oop with 50 - 75 bigs aren't that bright, and in the long run won't be there after 3 or 4 blind lvls. So just pick your spots and when you hit something hammer them.

E

EG7497

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play those same pokerschool tournaments sometimes, most of the time unless you have a really premium hand 1010 JJ QQ KK AA AK AQ then I wouldn't really bother going all in at the start of the tournamnet, just bide your time until those people are either out or on a different table. In real money tournaments especially above micro stakes, these things rarely happen.

D

delox7

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very annoying those players raising all in the first hand of the MTT with nothing, but don't bother with this situation, just play your game, wait for good hands and position. It's not worth it to risk your place in the MTT in the beginning of the tournament.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in idiots

You can't argue with a suicide bomber. Just get out of the way and wait for the idiot to die. (you may try to take him out when you are in position with a monster hand)

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems that the Spin & Go mentality has taken over regular tournaments because lately I see too many people going all in with nothing,so it's difficult to play poker normally.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in open skill league, in early stage you have to be cautious whit high bets, normally you have to call only whit AA or KK ( AK is not premium against fishes) but after playing 45 minutes the level of players changes, there are still some bad players but is rare to find someone that shoves a garbage hand. after all, it's just a matter of patience.