call alli-in is justified in case if you have AA QQ JJ
AK

W

Whiterosemov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, I think a lot of people already said it, but I would only do it with QQ, KK, AK and AA (maybe JJ or AQ depending on the overall view of the guy - if he is a newbie and have no status, like silverstar or goldstar in pokerstars, I usually think that he is probably a crazy bingo player)

but it really depends, of course you are talking about bigger MTT games and tourneys, but in hyper games this happens all the time, maybe some players get so used to it that they start to just do it in every type of game hehe

T

TheImperator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a lot of people just go all-in with K-9 and J-8.
bad thing is they usually wins from AK / JJ by hitting straights and shit.
although i think the pokerstars software is rigged.
there servers are in countries without any laws to check.
i think pokerstars should be banned all over the world unless there is some form of control over it

Your first post on the site was to say the biggest site in the world is rigged? Mmkay...

I made six figures from PokerStars in my life, before Black Friday. It isn't rigged.

I don't think people understand that they aren't playing against the house, and that the poker site gets their money (the rake) whether you win or if you get donked. They have literally no interest in who wins or loses.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I call with AA, KK and QQ.

Some players go all in 1st hand light, and some only with AA. Difficult decision with no info on opponents.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Bet on all the bad choices she justifies itself only when you have enough chips ostaetsya relatively blinds.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it a freeroll? If yes, get your chips in with your premiums. I'd say 1010+, AK, A10s+

Is it a re-buy/re-entry MTT? If yes, get your chips in with your premiums.

Just fold everything else.

And don't worry if you call with a good hand and you lose. If you got your money in good, you're good.

M

max chong

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think better to wait a while, unless you not a monster pair of such players usually otseevayutsya after 20 minutes of play

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
at the beginning of the tournament to go preflop all-in just stupid

B

BadluckBubba

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I had several freerolls going at once. One of them the 3rd hand the same player had gone all in all 3 hands. Won one, lost the 2nd and both had rags. He shoved again. I called with AK suited knowing he had junk. He had 34 suited, same suit as me. Both of us had a flush draw and nothing else by the turn. He rivered a 4 and I was out.

5 hands later on a slightly older tourny I had AK suited again in the big blind. Button min raises, I reraised 6xbb he shoved. I shoved. Again 34 suited, same suit as my AK. We both had flush draws by the river. This time my opponent rivered a 3 and yet again I was out.

I dont know how in these circumstances anyone is folding these hands knowing your opponent likely has junk and knowing you will be heads up with them. How anyone wouldnt be thrilled turning over AK suited to see same suit of 34 I dont know. Yet, losing is losing.

shomy21

shomy21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm calling there just with AA or KK. Every lower hands like AK, AQ, QQ, JJ...I'm folding. But if mtt is hyper turbo ofc that we can make a call there.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if its a freeroll just call with AK, QQ, KK, and AA otherwise just fold and wait for the next fish

P

PW300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regardless of it being the first hand or not, if I have a strong hand I'll play it. I would never be so cautious as to think that I don't want to be the first player eliminated.the first hand is quite often a chance to get an early double or triple up as you often see chancers going all on with marginal hands.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would have gone all-in with AA and JJ have pondered AK cards, fold everything else, if the tournament is certainly worth

Naitras

Naitras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if play freeroll it need get not bad hand and go all in, sometimes it get lucky :)

Romario2223

Romario2223

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the start of tournamenr I go all in with QQ-AA AQs AK

T

Tosh_67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the tournament... I'd not be able to fold AA or KK tho...

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands