All in on the button every time ?

D

djg250874

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all, this week I noticed while playing on poker stars, a lot of cash games and tournaments, that a lot of players, when on the button. push all in, regardless of the cards they hold. Do I have this wrong, when I say they do not have to try to steal the blinds every time they are on the button?I understand that play if they are playing against tight players, but some of the guys were playing quite loose games.It totally put me in tilt mode to see so many premium hands get busted be cards like 2c9h.:mad:

R

ricardibreezer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't say I've noticed this phenomenon.

Seems pointless to me - if you are going all-in preflop what difference does it make if you are on the button or not? You still have 2 players to act after you who could hold a premium hand, so with no information on them, & no more decisions to make, it defeats the very idea of 'position'.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I would not do it every time. Of course, you need to look at who your opponents are, but 100% is too much in my opinion.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never heard of anyone doing that outside of play chips. Even free-rollers aren't that bad after the first round or so. No clue how you experienced this across multiple games against, I'm assuming, multiple players. All I can say about that is fold until you get a premium hand and hope they hold, but it sounds like they wouldn't. So, I dunno. :stupid:

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a reckless way of play and opponents will wait patiently for you to go all-in when they have a monster hand and crush both your soul and your bankroll.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
those are bingo players, it would be diffe3rent if the were the BB and everyone limped, there are still 2 hands that could have monsters.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why would someone playing this poorly tilt you?

Someone shoving with 92os is not going to be around very long even if they do get lucky from time to time.

Sounds like a good situation to me, you should focus on making the right decisions and not sweat the results since that part is not up to you.

Good luck to you!

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the players and their skill,they can just create the illusion of bluff,thinking if they button they can do anything...

D

djg250874

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, for the feedback, I did wait for monster hands patiently, as did some of the other players, but we got beat by these mediocre hands being played by these idiots.The problem was once they have won a few hands like that and their stack grows, it becomes quite a different game( that is where my lack of experience comes in)I hate being bullied by big stacks on the tables, I've only been playing online poker for a short time now and I am learning something new every day.I just thought I am the one who got it wrong and needed to ask.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all, this week I noticed while playing on poker stars, a lot of cash games and tournaments, that a lot of players, when on the button. push all in, regardless of the cards they hold. Do I have this wrong, when I say they do not have to try to steal the blinds every time they are on the button?I understand that play if they are playing against tight players, but some of the guys were playing quite loose games.It totally put me in tilt mode to see so many premium hands get busted be cards like 2c9h.:mad:
Always remember rule number one for poker players, ... "patience"

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This technique games are especially a lot of players use in the game ZOOM! I play 80% of starting hands , and in 60% the opponent throws out his cards! So this is a very good tactic and it makes a profit!

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would someone playing this poorly tilt you?

Someone shoving with 92os is not going to be around very long even if they do get lucky from time to time.

Sounds like a good situation to me, you should focus on making the right decisions and not sweat the results since that part is not up to you.

Good luck to you!

Indeed, do not focus on the immediate profit, but if it was a good decision in the long run. In general you should be happy with those kind of players. You can call them relatively light and expect a nice profit.

Having said that, it's hard to imagine players who are as bad as going all-in every hand in real money tournaments. Maybe in play money or freeroll tournaments (or the lowest region of micro stakes). It could also be because the tournaments are relatively short stacked compared to the blinds? An example being some short stacked hyper-turbos, people will shove a lot more hands there.

However if you come across players who shove extremely light (or even any two as you say), by all means exploit them. Call a bit lighter and expect to make a nice profit ^^

Indeed sometimes they will win the hand but that is just variance, the expected (and thus long term) value is what matters.

Hope this helps a bit,
Good luck :D

frankthebunny

frankthebunny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I imagine if those bullies have huge bankrolls it is a tactic that works. Even the poor hands usually have 20-30% chance of winning against nice hands like AK or AQ.

B

Badbunny

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Focus on your game because you know you're better and you can not let a losing player to do lose my temper. So give hard and good luck at the tables.