All in

T

TheNutsInc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a big hand pre flop is it better to all in or slow play in tournaments

Early ttournament Mid tournament
late tournament

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tuka123

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the early stage of a tournament, the best way of playing a premium hand is as if they were any other hand in your range for that position. If with AKo you would open raise to 3bb from UTG, you should do the same with AA.

Of course, you are going to 3bet or even push if you are in a Late position and someone already raised and got several callers. The question you must do to yourself while pondering between 3bet or push in such situation is: can I make the hand heads up by 3betting? If the answer is no, then you should push when there are one raise and several callers before you.

About the late stages, it will be related to the size of your stack: the smaller your stack is, the more inclined you should be to push with either monsters, premiums and good hands.

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to raise atleast 4BB and after the flop an cbet.
if i am shortstacked i will put it all in

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a big hand pre flop is it better to all in or slow play in tournaments

Early ttournament Mid tournament
late tournament
I use to think there was a generic answer for this type of question and there isn't, there are just too many variables to consider when deciding to play any hand.

EllinLucky

EllinLucky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think allin is better than slowplay in this situation. Not only allin, raise and 3bet ok too, especially in the first part of tournament.

T

TheNutsInc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
TY will take it in to consideration

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have nh in the turbo tournament I push, what moron players not exploited me, result not important!

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is everything about patience so do not rush if you dont have urge for that