AK would you fold?

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This thread and what I have seen live proves one thing, way too many people put way too much value on AK. On the bubble if you have enough chips to make it ITM you should almost always fold AK. If anyone in front of you has gone all in and they haven't just been bullying the table you probably should fold. If it means you will not make it ITM you should fold. Like was said above it is a good hand but do you want to have sat there all that time only to risk your life on a probable coinflip? Would you call with a low pocket pair? Would you call with 10s? Both hands are better than AK. But on the bubble if it means my tournament life I fold both. Now it is different if I'm the first in the pot with only the blinds to act. In that case I'm looking for them to fold but hoping if they call I still have 2 overs. But I would only do that if I have a good read and a good possibility that they will fold. In summary I think risking your tournament life on AK is not a good move.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
AK would you fold to an all in bet just before the bubble???
There are many factors to be considered here. To begin with, wo as who covered ? Then wat kind of player are you facing ? How much is the first payout and how important is it to your bankroll ? ..............

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if they 4bet it is clear that I have to fold, although it also depends on the player we are facing

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I remember the times I retired with AK in hand. But it was only for being close to 'bursting the bubble' and having a decent Bankroll to aspire to good prizes. But it sure hurts to do it.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I have a lot of chips and I'm not in danger of being eliminated from the tournament without money, only in this case I will press the call !!!

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On a bubble? It depends on the size of my stack. AK is a very strong hand, but you risk being left with nothing if you are an outsider.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
It depends a lot on the way they bet before me

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would fold in most cases yes

but i would call if i have more chips than the player who has gone all in

and MAYBE if i am VERY short stacked

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Absolutely. In the bubble, depending on the position, I even fold the QQ.

Aleksandr1991

Aleksandr1991

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on my position at the table

probably not

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
She has one of the greatest potential for strengthening. And that means victory at the showdown. Therefore, this starting hand is one of the most preferred in Hold'em. But just getting it is not enough. You need to be able to play it correctly in different situations.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think if you have small stack you must go all in and win the game)

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Depends on the position, on the stacks, if different suits, then probably, and if the same suit, then no.... You have to be careful at the end )

dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Bạn có 50% tiền thắng in headsup, 1vs1

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will always depend on the context in which I am at that moment, if I am short of chips and I see that my opponents are also short I wait, otherwise I go allliin from the pull.

Folding in Poker