AK is so tempting

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Yeah but on pokerstars especialy when im in the money ovepair always win me in all-in situation

Forget about what site it is, that is irrelevant.

AK is a very strong hand, which, however, often loses. Loses because after the active bets preflop, AK remains against a narrow range of hands, in which a significant part is pocket pairs, and any pair has an advantage against unpaired overcards. So that pocket pair 22 is an eternal coinflip (heads or tails), and in your case just unlucky. In general, AK on the preflop loses to pocket pairs, but wins against other cards.

This is almost the same as VGShaa's post, a lot of VGS's post is in this post. Why?

:dontknow:

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is almost the same as VGShaa's post, a lot of VGS's post is in this post. Why?

:dontknow:

Oh sorry, I hurried. Before writing my message, I read all the posts in this thread and the first lines of the VGShaa message stayed in my head :). In the future, this will not happen again.

Last edited:
F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like to go all in with AK, espcially offsuited, preflop, but under some circunstances it's needed, like:
You are about 10BB
The vilain is about 10-15BB
You have reads about the vilains playing the pot
The game is too tight
There were a lot of limpers pre flop, and you, in position, can shove to win the pot right now or have very decent odds against that JJ caling you
I know it's very tricky to play, espcially AKo, but once you master it, especially on position, you will be able to make very wise and profitable decisions in the long run.

What i also recomend you is to watch some videos on youtube, there they show a lot of hard situations in which we find ourselves in.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Forget about what site it is, that is irrelevant.

I dont know dude its seems that pokerstars have specific order off the hands

Last edited:
N

nielrp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flip is always 51 X 49, more against pair of 2 think AK has more chance because if you hit 2 pairs at the table the A wins

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if the board is super wet and don't have a decent draw/backdoor draw, then check-folding with AK is fine.

On dry flops, AK should definitely be betting out. Especially in position as you'll pick up the some of the time.

I know, but you just have to be aware of the possibility of the other player having a pair.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
As I know AK is a monster hand and I usually win against 22 with all in.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, AK is basically a coin flip against any under pair, and big underdog against AA and KK, but is a favorite against all other hands. So, unless knowing that your opponent goes all in only big pairs, one should never fold AK in an all-in situation.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the importance of the tournament. If it's freerolls then you can go to Allin. In other cases, if there is no pair on the flop and raise the opponent, discard the AK.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It alwasy is a nice hand but often is a dangerous hand and the percent of win of 2-2 is 52% over AK, but if AK is of suite the percent change to 49.65% for the AK hand and 49.72% of win for 2-2 in pre flop situation of course.

Antulio francis

Antulio francis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to the scholars AK plays better than AA sometimes a hand defines post flop does not allow you to fill a possibility of bad hands to hit something and this will make you lose a lot of money this kind of hand should be played very well not to go through bad situations Gl

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you from Balkan bro ?

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok guys you've been so helpful on this thread that i have another question to ask.I noticed that when im having AK in hand and most of the player calls my raise that totally killi my AK is it really like that i mean is there mathematical explanation or im just delusional?

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK really has a very alluring feel to a super aggressive game. AA will not be considered with this hand everything is clear :) But as shown by the experience of the last few days in the game the hand of the FURIOUSLY dangerous! Today's hand was super interesting and useful in my opinion :), the Last 10 hands with AK I lost and probably this alone saved me from losing in this tournament :) in which, after the fold got to the prizes :) Watch and tell me who would not making a raise to come on the table and to fold after the flop or the turn :)

1111JPG_7273359_26667973.jpg

2222JPG_5790552_26667995.jpg

1235JPG_1536273_26668003.jpg

A

Aparajit

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW i dont know 2 2 is favorite over A K :O

I always fold 2 2 and raise pre flop with A K assuming it is like A A or something.

This thread enlightened me :)

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is a terrible card. Attracted by their great beauty. But the result is sad.
Today I lost all with AK. The opponent had 55 and the flop showed another 5. And... Game over.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just go all in before the flop and hope for the best.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tempting yes but overrated too