AK and AA Doubt about how to play them preflop

D

DerlyGR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always 4Bet with AK? Or call 3Bet? I speak broadly against a single opponent.
And the other question, always 4Bet with AA? So in general lines too.

tazer

tazer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it mostly depends on position and opponents. UTG+ MP I'd say you have to open up a larger size to deter players behind from following along. Knowing you will always be first to act puts you at a disadvantage even with AA-AK. LP and Button you can flat or raise. I'd flat to aggressive players knowing they will C-Bet OOP and you can raise over the top and get some more value to AA. Raise or shove with multiple limpers before you to try and isolate 1-2 opponents.

Always doing the same thing will eventually lead to tells in your game that people can catch on to. There is just so many depends on the situation type of things when it comes to playing certain hands. Just have to read the table and play to your stack and your strengths.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That is good ideas for pre-flop with AA and AK. The worst would be limping in. I also raise post-flop too, so it will hopefully scare off the remaining players still hanging.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA

I find when I slow play the aces I get beat 80 percent of the time. If I play by 3BB I win 80 percent of the time.:)

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
always 4bet get it in with AK same with AA 100bb or less, let's gooooo

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always 4Bet with AK? Or call 3Bet? I speak broadly against a single opponent.
And the other question, always 4Bet with AA? So in general lines too.

This is not so easy, cause your position at the table, your stack size, and the upcoming players attitude will determine how to play these amazing pre-cards.
Without knowing these circumstances, I would say, 4-bet is just too big. Around 2.5-3 bet is pretty solid to maybe catch some players into the action, cause with these cards theres no need to scare others away. Unless you are smaller stack, you can push to all-in in the spirit of maybe one person will call you.
Don't be afraid of these combinations to play with them. Most of the times you 'll profit them, but sometimes need to get rid of if the party will turn and will be against us.
Use your time wisely to think, and think with others minds as well, and everything is gonna be okay. :)