Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kevinbets25

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a better hand to shove, only dominated by KK and AK vs 77 where you are dominated by many better pairs

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is a good hand, except short stack, i do't think AK all-in pre-flop with any packet pair is a good choice. i think it's 50/50, too.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would take either hand allin preflop. But if I had to choose between the two I would pick AK more than I would pick 77

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had this situation come up last night in the Bet Online Free roll had 77 with one limper in front of me I raise 3 times the blind and get re shoved by limper all in was up against AK and lost the hand I take coin flips all the time especially in free rolls with buy in only fold 77 if there is too much action in front of me.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i heard that AK is bad for call all in from middle position..

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well 77 as a pair has slightly better chances to win against AK, if you want to confront those two hands. But on other hand AK could dominate such hands like AJ,AQ,KQ, which could give many chips to you with a good chances. Also AK has one blocker for each of two best premium pairs like AA & KK. So it's less likely you will face them. And it's way much easier to play AK postflop either. Either you flop it or not. With 77 it's always hard decisions.. In most cases you see an overcard on flop or even worse, two overcards and you have no idea where are you standing at. And even if flop has only rainbow small cards, you still could be way behind against higher pair and overcards like AK, AQ, AJ, KQ and many others connectors like 89, 9T, TJ, JQ do have still many outs.
Considering all these, i'm glad to steal with a hand like 77 from late position, but playing it post flop can turn to pain in ass very quickly.

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You re-opened an 8yr. old thread to post this ^ :confused::confused::confused:
You're not even answering OP's question. wtf?
I just took the situation into account if you play from 77 against AK or vice versa. Any pair on the hands preflop looks preferable to ghost AK, the percentage of the strength of poker hands it clearly shows. But everything can change both on the flop, and on the turn or river. With a pair of sevens you can lose and hand 89 if one of these cards falls on the board without the seven you want, and vice versa with AK on your hands you can easily substitute a pair of deuces if you do not catch either A or K. For example, in heads-up I would go all-in with both 77 and AK, but frankly, except as a "game blindly", relying on luck, this is not called. As for MTT tournaments, here, of course, you should consider factors such as your position, how the opponents behaved in the earlier position from you, the size of your stack, the size of the blinds. In MTT tournaments with AK on hand, all-in or call all-in are in most cases would be my choice, with 77 I would have acted prudently. In any case, do not forget that AK is the third most powerful hand in poker and in comparison with 77, so even there with QQ, I prefer AK.

scorpi224

scorpi224

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ace king is alot better in my opinion although i always loose with them lol but i think they are still better than 77

MasterTur

MasterTur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which hand is better pre flop allin?

I noticed alot players go allin with these two hands.

Man your question is very general ....
You can not discuss a hand with just the information you gave us.
What Buyin, how many BBs, Who is the opponent, what stage of the tournament (ITM, BUBLE, SEMIFT, FT, EARLY GAME?) Only with that information that you provided, does not give for an analysis.

Normally I open my hand without any problem, if someone opens before, you have to analyze several factors.
When discussing a move pass more information to us, because you can make a move with AQ at a time and can make another move at another time, it does not have a single way.

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I is risky to go all in 77 and more if many players go, I prefer to go with a speculative hand like kA ..

Status
Not open for further replies.