yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would like to know a general opinion:
what do you think of a suited AJ from the small blind?
in different situations: deep , medium and short stacks.

YevheniiKobliuk

YevheniiKobliuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi!
In big and medium stacks, I would increase this hand with 4x+ sizing, with stacks less than 25 you can shov, you don’t really want to play out of position, although suited ones can sometimes be called, unsuited ones would always 3bet. ;)

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same for me: If I have a big stack I raise x4, if I am under 20 BB I shove. In other cases this hand is tricky to play from the small blind.

Spannerdeth

Spannerdeth

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I concur with the above, and because of playing OOP, I wonder how often you'd want to 4bet with it

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Same for me: If I have a big stack I raise x4, if I am under 20 BB I shove. In other cases this hand is tricky to play from the small blind.
that's why I asked the question, I think it's a very complex and very doubtful hand.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I concur with the above, and because of playing OOP, I wonder how often you'd want to 4bet with it
for me on the flop, if it's not a flush draw, I'm already seriously thinking about folding it.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on previous action and stack depth. If there is a large UTG open at a full ring table with 9 players, it might sometimes just be a fold especially against a tight player. And its typically also a fold, if there is an open and a 3-bet in front of us. But other than those rare situations its a hand, we are almost always going to play in some way.