Agressive or tight?

D

Dellamora999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, I've always played cautiously until I decided to change my style of play, try to be more aggressive and it has paid off, I've been winning more hands, stealing a lot of blinds, but the risk is also very high, what do you think? What is your style?

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I tend to be cautious, too. The loose playing does not fit my character but I try to mix my game up from time to time.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that its dependa of your strategy. Maybe you can play agressive or tight. In second place I think that its important analyze your table and the tournament 😃

Sorry for my english 😬

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can be tight and aggressive at the same time, that will be the winning strategy against most loose opponents.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys, I've always played cautiously until I decided to change my style of play, try to be more aggressive and it has paid off, I've been winning more hands, stealing a lot of blinds, but the risk is also very high, what do you think? What is your style?
You have to be able to play both and recognize situations where you would normally play loose but you have to play tight or vice versa because of situations.

An example is a tight player seated after you and near you where you might be able to steal a blind (when they're meaningful) but you have to recognize when the tight player gets too low in chips or sees what you're doing because you're doing it too often then you switch gears and play tighter instead going for the steal by playing loose.

The other thing is you have to recognize what type of game the majority of your opponents play.

If you're playing a bunch of beginners that don't even know starting hands then you should play a tight solid game. If the table is tight then you could loosen up.

Once you understand how to play tight and loose styles then the next step is understanding when to use either one at the table.

GL.