M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello fellow pokerplayers?

I hope you are having a good evening?

I just wanted to know how would guys play medium stack when close to the bubble ?

Thank you fellow pokerplayers

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knowledge of the game comes with experience and, accordingly, to learn to understand a particular stage of the tournament, you need to feel the rhythm in the game.Caution will definitely not hurt you before the bubble.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if you want to get to the prizes in the tournament more often, you need to play more carefully and wait for the bubble to burst. But if you play at a large number of tournament tables, in the case of a medium stack and close to the bubble, aggressive play is encouraged. You will be less likely to win the minimum tournament prizes, but you will win more prizes due to the higher ranked position. And you have a better chance of making the final table and possibly taking first place in the tournament, which means big wins.
But it's up to you to decide, in each case there are advantages.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good Afternoon

Hum Medium stack near the bubble I think time bank and wait for the ITM to turn. Luck always

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is a question in threads a lot. What to do at different stages of a tournament. I play the same no matter what stage. I will change my style if the table I am at dictates that my play needs to be different. Each table you play is totally different and you need more than one style of play to win tournaments regularly.
l

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I just wanted to know how would guys play medium stack when close to the bubble ?

Hey! I will play depending on the opponent. I won't play too aggressively against big stacks. And against opponents with small stacks, I will all-in with a medium hand.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
mid stack near bubble is awful position tbh. You have too many chips to rejam and steal over a big stacks wide opens, but your to short to really put the pedal to the metal and pressure the mid to short stacks.

Kinda in no mans land. I just play my normal game, and depending on how big the min cash is, I may or may not tighten up some, but will undoubtedly take most if not all good spots that come my way.

play 2 WIN!!

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you're mid-stack stacked near the $-bubble then you must be in the $ at that time; in other words if the trny was to end now, I'm assuming, you would cash. Since that isn't how it goes, unless you're at a final table where there's an option to make a deal and end it, waiting for AA until the bubble bursts seems to be the basic strategy, here. I know when I try to force it w/AK or K's or Q's it just seems to backfire and someone calls and out flops me or some kind of river nonsense. It's usually the big stack. GL, Mimi.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
At that moment I was playing safe

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can put pressure on the weakest players at the table by playing them a bit aggressive but only those types of players, the conservatives, that strategy can be applied in the game bubble and also by playing with position on them and opening hands to try to take the pot from preflop.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

It seems to me that everything depends on the specific table, and you need to play your game! I always try to play the same as the average stack does not give a lot of advantages, you can not press on medium and high stacks! Play on the card and you will succeed! Good luck at the tables and big prize money for you!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on the format of the tournament and the players at the table, but you still have to try to play exploitative poker !!! Just the right time for this)))

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the format of the tournament and the players at the table, but you still have to try to play exploitative poker !!! Just the right time for this)))

Then I should adapt myself to my openent game, try to exploit their weaknesses but I know I should learn how to do so... study every type of game.