Aggressive play

amxvulcan

amxvulcan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many a time I will open raise with AK to AQ. After a lousy flop sometimes I check and sometimes I c-bet. Once in a while a player with make a big raise . Do I assume he hit something or - is he just trying to get me off the hand?

Last edited by a moderator:
rafa77777

rafa77777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in general, there is such a thing as a bet in the continuation .. that is, some semi-bluff .. in my opinion, as a percentage of 80, this rate is justified, because most of the players usually come with pictures ..

C

ccmonrivah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
notice alot of agressive players, i beem playing for a long time , but im the one that likes to see the flop. wish i was agressive, gonna keep trying:confused:

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many a time I will open raise with AK ot AQ After a lousy flop sometimes I check and sometimes I c bet. Once in a while a player with make a big raise . Do I assume he hit something or is he just trying to get me off the hand?
With greater accuracy to answer your question, you can only watch the game of such an opponent. That is, you need to know how often he raises on the flop, etc. And what cards on the flop. But I think that the average player most likely got the top pair when he makes such a raise.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
Thera are more things to consider in that play
First your positiomn, stack and previous plays of yr opponent
But i would call the raise with this kind of cards
They are good ones to make a call
Rgds

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, I make a continuation bet regardless of the flop. The opponent either folds if he doesn't hit the flop. Makes a check, hoping to catch something on the river. Better play aggressively. I made these conclusions for myself

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Many a time I will open raise with AK ot AQ After a lousy flop sometimes I check and sometimes I c bet. Once in a while a player with make a big raise . Do I assume he hit something or is he just trying to get me off the hand?

Hey

I think that player has hit a pair with A kicker.
So when you call and turn comes A you will feel good but your opponent will make 2 pair.
Just my analysis.

Thanks

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Depends on what he has being doing or how he has being playing lately at this table's mood. It can be either things.

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agressive x bluff

Thats is a simple diference betwen agressive vs bluff. So with that in mind the agrassive mode will lead you to open range...and the bluffs will lead to more pots.

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't do this against Mackmasters (destructor) he is the most agressive player here.

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case I always observe the information that the player passed on the table, if I have already seen some situation before he opened of AQ for example and if he is very aggressive if the flop did not hit him I will to take him out of the hand always

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally in this configuration you have to discard these cards without regret. This has already cost me a lot to stubborn with this hand. It is better to wait and bet on a better spot.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on the position you are in, you already decide how to behave in what situation or aggressively or tightly, with such hands as AK if you didn't hit the flop, you need to look at the circumstances and how many players remained in the bank and how aggressively they play

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can only make a guess based upon how the opponent has been playing. However, if I have AK/AQ and I miss the flop, I'm generally going to fold to any bet since I don't have anything anyway. It's better to cut your losses and give up your original raise than to sink more money into a pot that you probably won't win. It's trickier when you hit a solid hand like TPTK or 2 pair and your opponent is betting aggressively against you. It's hard to tell whether they are over playing a top pair that you have beat or have a monster and trying to get your entire stack.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to find out your opponents bet percentages. Does he make that raise more then 40% of the time? Does he 3 bet more often then 15%? Use flopzilla and see what percentage of hands they're playing. Then find what street there number are out of line. There's more to it then that but those are just some ways to figure out where your opponent is in most hands.

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

cbetting is important and should be used if you can do it with at least 1 caller....i wouldnt try cbetting out of position and with 5 players on the board. There's a lot more reading you need to do before you act on any bet. If you know this player who reraised you on your cbet is a tight/aggro player, then you better give it up if you dont have anything.

J

jamesbooch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It matters what position the player is in..

If the player id one of the blinds and he calls...

Id be a little leery....but if its a sizable raise...

Im betting after the flop no matter what

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When to consider hands

Many times playing online poker without a HUD is hard to describe other player hands. But i think with time comes knowledge and the cards teaches you how to play:eek::eek:.

G

Goonsquad1217

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I love aggressive players. I'm aggressive to.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many a time I will open raise with AK to AQ. After a lousy flop sometimes I check and sometimes I c-bet. Once in a while a player with make a big raise . Do I assume he hit something or - is he just trying to get me off the hand?
Being aggressive in poker is the key for winning at poker but you have to have some considerations before being aggressive.
I have decided to focus my game primary in live tournaments and being aggressive helped me to win some of them.
You have to play in position.
You have to study your opponent.
Remember you can not bluff bad players or beginners.
Against good players you don't have to give them good pot odds for complete their draw.
Sometimes you will win sometimes you will lose bit the most important is to know when to fold.