Aggressive loose player

D

Dario Feraz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what strategy do you use to play against a loose aggressive player?
I usually try to get into position and always re-raise him. but of course, with value.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I recommend watching LAGs closely to see what they do when they're facing a raise. If their general strategy is to re-raise then you will want to avoid raising them with a hand that you're not willing to commit to.

On the flip side, I've seen LAGs continually raise then fold when somebody pushes back and they don't have a good hand. That becomes very exploitable, especially when they don't vary their betting patterns and ranges because when they finally do re-raise you know they have something.

If you're OOP against a LAG, watch them to see if they're putting in raises against everyone else at the table on a mostly equal basis or against you specifically. If they're targeting you then you have to shut that down ASAP otherwise you will start getting bullied by any other players who are paying attention.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am just trying to be patient and wait for a good situation. I think this is the best and least risky option to play against such opponents. I'm not used to counting on luck but only on my own potential.

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would wait patiently and watch what happens with other players, but hoping I can move to another table soon lol, but I wait for a strong hand, I dont think I could play like they do all in with 8 7, that would be the end of it with me.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Propane Goat makes many excellent points here, and really, it does come down to your individual situation. Sometimes you may have to take thinner value against these types of players. If you are simply waiting for Aces and Kings, your stack is going to dwindle to the point where even when you do double-up, you're still in a lot of trouble (if you're playing an MTT at least).

If you're OOP, you can exploit their aggressiveness by just check-calling or even check-raising. But, position is still important and you want to have position on them because you'll be reacting to their action instead of not knowing WHAT their action will be.

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to play tighter against LAG when I think I'm best I Value bet a lot because you will get called most of the time.

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to play tighter against LAG because they always play a lot of hands, when I think I'm best I value bet a lot because you will get called most of the time.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do the same thing...The same as you...

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is important to keep an eye on such players for a while
not all loose-aggressive players are bad
it is at certain moments such a player is trying to skillfully expand his range of hands, having information about you, and to exploit you
.... initially, for example, I play tight, but then I change the strategy of my game taking into account the information in the game
and this does not mean that I am openly playing with bullshit in my hands
possessing information and a number of other qualities inherent in a good player, the ability to beat you with any two cards, this is bright poker

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what strategy do you use to play against a loose aggressive player?
I usually try to get into position and always re-raise him. but of course, with value.
Step # 1: play tight preflop. When you play stronger hands than LAG, you are giving yourself a postflop advantage. Step number 2: monitor the size of the rates. When LAGs bluff on the early streets, they often make smaller bets, and then when they try to take advantage of their aggressive image, they increase their size. Step # 3: Understand what LAS might be thinking about your hand.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm used to using the situation and raising back several times, otherwise I can even put in a bluff against a player like that.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These players often make bluff bets and postflop, some go for three barrels on all streets, your goal is to build a trap with a strong hand a couple of times to make it respect your raises, and after bluffing check raises, you can take the banks yourself. Do not rush to go all in on the preflop as a bad beat may happen and you will lose the stack.:)