After you hit big in the turn, what's the next optimal play?

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I know the question it's a little vague but I'm wondering what's the best optimal play in this situation since I'm usually very often in it:

You raised pre flop and get called by 2.
You don't hit the flop but C-bet, get called by those 2.
You hit big in the turn. (trips,flush,straight)
What should you do next? Bet again for value and hope you get called or check to give the impression that you were trying to steal the pot and hope the opponents bet?

Sometimes when I'm in this situation I dont know if the ideal is to bet for value because in 70% of the time both of opponents will fold after the bet in the turn. Or should you check and hope opponents do the betting for you?

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I know the question it's a little vague but I'm wondering what's the best optimal play in this situation since I'm usually very often in it:

What should you do next? Bet again for value and hope you get called or check to give the impression that you were trying to steal the pot and hope the opponents bet?

Sometimes when I'm in this situation I dont know if the ideal is to bet for value because in 70% of the time both of opponents will fold after the bet in the turn. Or should you check and hope opponents do the betting for you?

BET....unless you have a monster. In which case you would want them to catch up and checking here would be justified.

Betting is always the right thing to do generally, because if they like their hand they're going to call you regardless.

Even if you chose to shove!

As far letting them hang themselves...you could feign weakness, IF you knew one of them was a LAG.
Its annoying when they fold, but they were never going to call you anyway.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do whatever will maximize your EV giving the circumstances.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are last to act bet maybe a bit lower or around same % as cont. bet
if you are first to act, you can check for trapping.

Falzee

Falzee

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Make your bet,and pray that nobody hits on the River!

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It actually depends on how strong your hand became, what info you have on those 2 opponents and the effective stack among other factors. But in this situation, I think betting for value (About 1/3 of the pot) would be the optimal option most of the time. If they have nothing, they are not going to build the pot for you and they would just check behind you if you check yourself. On the other hand, a bet might get you at least one call, hopefully they catch something on the river and pay you off...