Advice on reaching final table

T

TeeJayCarter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,
Just looking for a bit of advice or guidance.
I have some moderate experience playing no limit hold em and focus mainly on tournaments but no matter what I do, I can't seem to reach final table. Any tips???
Best finish was 23rd with a field of about 5000 on 888 poker.
Thanks

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hello

My advice is to go for it. Switch gears when you get to the last 27 or 18 and get the aggro out of you.
You can get back to reasonable play once you get to the final table.
3bet shove, steal blinds very often...

gl gl gl

T

TeeJayCarter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the advice, I kinda know that's what I need to do I just struggle to pull the trigger . Can't seem to get the timings right, it seems every time I pull the trigger they've got the goods.
Maybe it's just more experience needed on my part

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone,
Just looking for a bit of advice or guidance.
I have some moderate experience playing no limit hold em and focus mainly on tournaments but no matter what I do, I can't seem to reach final table. Any tips???
Best finish was 23rd with a field of about 5000 on 888 poker.
Thanks

Hey Teejay,

the first thing to realize is that in these huge field tournaments the odds are very low of making the final table. One easy adjustment is to start playing smaller field tournaments (100 players and under) and then you can make the final a lot more.

You do have to go for it more when the play is shorthanded, but to be comfortable with this takes a lot of practice (that's why playing 18, 27, 45, 90, 180 man tournaments is great).

This playlist will give you a ton of strategy https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBrNnyWekagPbegY51h0xW4tHOFKKn_DU

and you'll also find a lot of hand history reviews on there which take you from start to finish.

Cheers!

T

TeeJayCarter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Teejay,

the first thing to realize is that in these huge field tournaments the odds are very low of making the final table. One easy adjustment is to start playing smaller field tournaments (100 players and under) and then you can make the final a lot more.

You do have to go for it more when the play is shorthanded, but to be comfortable with this takes a lot of practice (that's why playing 18, 27, 45, 90, 180 man tournaments is great).

This playlist will give you a ton of strategy https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBrNnyWekagPbegY51h0xW4tHOFKKn_DU

and you'll also find a lot of hand history reviews on there which take you from start to finish.

Cheers!

Cheers that's some more very sound advice, come to think of it I have made final table a few times in 90 and 180 sngs. But thank you for the tips I will check out the playlist you mentioned as well

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight agressive

Hi, look at the truth that in freerolls you can't really play a lot of poker, or at least those massive Freerolls, you have to play for courage and aggressive, always try to play with position. A lot of fold, and once you built a fairly large or large stack you can see more flops but always play aggressive and have a good reading of the board and the opponents. I hope it works for you, regards

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a ST games and in a large field tourneys luck plays an important role than skill as we find ourselves a lot of time in a situation of Allins so skill diminishes quite large.

Stack size matters a lot in St games as a huge stack gives us a buffer against bad beats.

Now to reach a final table in these ST games we need to play a lot of games with aggression and then in 1-2 games in enough time we will able to make it.

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Win final table

In final table you should bet with low pair like 2 2 , 3 3 ,4 4 ,5 5, 6 6, 77 ,8 ,8 9,9 . When you have high card do not hesitate to all in . Some cards such A 8 , A 9 A 10 , A j , Aq ,A K ,these are high cards . have funny time

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stealing blinds is so underrated and practically unknown among amateurs so do that. When it comes to surviving initial see stages, that just takes a bit of luck and a whole lotta skill. Once you get deeper it becomes even more dependent on skills.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Hi there! :)

Patience is one of the key... :)