Advice on end game

B

brianj404

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After some good advice and a kick up the --- Iv'e managed to get into the money two days in a row on the 888 $1500 lucky chip freerolls. top 300 today and top 200 yesterday. What i would like advice on is how to play when the blinds get high. I have tried to be patient and wait for the right cards but obviously this strategy has not worked and you eventually have to play or get blinded out. Can anyone give me advice on improving my end game. Thanks brianj

J

janisromanov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best tactic, it's tight aggressive. It is best to learn to read opponents and try to build up the bank from the first minute of the game. This is the most reliable tactic.

I also tried to wait for the cards and then play. As a result, there were 40+ hands and the card never came.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You should never be blinding out!! Let's say you have 15bb and you are on the button and you are holding 99 then you can profitably shove here. Some people think that you start shoving at 10bb but that is not the case.

Most of the time I am shoving any pocket pair with 15bb but say we are UTG and have 22 I probably wouldn't be shoving unless I have 88+, but in some cases where everyone is folding a ton of hands and no-one is playing aggressively I may even shove 22. In tournaments we need to win flips to survive and shoving 22 with 15bb more than likely is going to be flipping and I don't mind flipping with 15bb.

Most of the time at the end stage a lot of players will start to tighten up so that is when we need to loosen up our range.

Take a look at the Jennifear's MTT Push/Fold chart

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...2U3Oscg4-B2_0xog/edit?hl=en_US&hl=en_US#gid=2

Read through the FAQ at the bottom of the page and it will tell you what all the charts mean and don't take the chart too literally as it is just a guide line.

H

hooble1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
B

brianj404

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all good advice thanks, my problem is as janisromanov says is that iv'e tried waiting for cards and they just don't come. A pair would be great but iv'e just lucked out. I think the best advice is to try and build a larger chip stack, after the muppets are out, so that i can have a bigger range to play with. Iv'e probally been playing to weak around the bubble so i'll i'm going to try to change that into tonights freeroll so that i don't have to worry about the blinds getting big. thanks brianj

h1seless

h1seless

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch your opponents, how they behave at the table, do not always need to know how best hand in poker, you need to be able to choose the moment when to bluff)

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Download the App snapshove and find out what areas you should be shoving and when you should be folding.

Viera56

Viera56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a very common doubt. every good player one day went through this difficulty. Play a whole tournament well, reach the final stage and simply can not play well.
First, you need to understand that you are already playing for several hours and you probably are not as fresh-minded as you started, those who are more conditioned will get better. Keep in mind that in those 5.6 hours of tournament, everyone is probably making notes on how your style of play is. Do the same, and try to understand what image you pass, to take advantage of it and induce other players to make mistakes. Avoid unnecessary calls and multi-player pots when choosing the time to play be aggressive. With 18 players remaining we can say that a new tournament is born. It is important to be prepared for this. An interesting way is to train by playing SNGs, so that you experience the pressure situation several times and do not feel so uncomfortable at that time, playing your best. Is an art that improves with time.

agrivion

agrivion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cant seem to finish

I do not have issues at the start or even middle of tournaments. Im not a pro or even mid level player but I believe it doesn't take a pro to make it to final 100 or even 50. However that is when I seem to run out of gas. All hands I go in seem to lose, all I do at this point is feed others chips. Even worse, I get to last table and lay a huge egg. I am well aware of the many mistakes I make, I am not very patient at this point. I also dont always read the board or I know they have something but I still call. Huge issues but not the reason I bring this up. There is something I dont see or understand about the last push in a tourney. Do I become more selective? (I have done that and still gas out) More aggressive? (done that too with only frustration) All I can do is keep at it. My question is what is your mind set once there are no more re-buys and there are only 50 players.

Thanks and good luck to all!

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all good advice thanks, my problem is as janisromanov says is that iv'e tried waiting for cards and they just don't come. A pair would be great but iv'e just lucked out. I think the best advice is to try and build a larger chip stack, after the muppets are out, so that i can have a bigger range to play with. Iv'e probally been playing to weak around the bubble so i'll i'm going to try to change that into tonights freeroll so that i don't have to worry about the blinds getting big. thanks brianj
When waiting for cards is killing you, the only option is to bluff.
But, your image will be TAG of even NIT, so wait for a good spot and raise.
Very likely all will fold.

Top 10 Games