Advice

J

Joser1234

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a question if I had the nuts on the turn should I go all-in or should I slow play wait for the River card

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
if you are sure this is a good move, what will be faced. in my opinion I wouldn't even play with A9 off.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In order to select the right price you have to put your opponent on a hand and know his tendencies otherwise there is no standard answer.

With some over aggressive opponents it is best to check or bet small to induce and give them rope to hang themselves with.

If you put your opponent on top pair and you know they wont fold it, then a jam is likely best.

Some opponents wont fold a draw at any price but if you wait to the river they know exactly what they have and you lose value.

Bottom line is know your opponent.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly right, every situation is different, and it is your opponents play that tells you what you should do.

Do you have the nuts no matter what happens on the river (100% equity)? Obviously you want to extract as many chips as possible. Giving your opponent one more card to build a hand cannot hurt you. Betting and getting a fold is the last thing you want. As already stated, this is especially good if your opponent will bet for you. For me I will ALWAYS right size (maximize my bets to guarantee a call, whether it be for the turn and river or just the river. Again there is no point in getting a fold. If he will call an all-in then go for it. If an all-in will get a fold, then don't do this. If a minimum bet is the only bet that will get a call, then I guess this is your best bet.

or

Or is it only the nuts based on the board at the moment? A nut flush is beat by a boat and boats generally happen on the river. An A high flush has a ton of equity (>85%), but isn't the nuts until we see no paired board on the river. A player with 2 pr or a set has 10 outs to a boat+, which is about 20% chance. So, technically you do not have the nuts yet. Based on your opponents play are you worried about this possibility? If so, would he call a shove with a set or 2 pair? In this situation, a small value bet has a small amount of risk. Obviously, a large bet may win now, and miss out on some value. relative stacks also tell you a piece of this story...and on and on and on.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Read on opponent is the key in this situation. If you think that he will pay, all in, if not try to induce his bluf. Like every thing in poker, it depends

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is important to know the number of chips you and your opponent have, if there is a chance to get a bet from your opponent (on the river) and get more chips, all in on the turn is not the best solution :) If the opponent is weaker and the river does not give him anything, it is better to play all in and not show the card to the opponent ;) good luck ;)

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a question if I had the nuts on the turn should I go all-in or should I slow play wait for the River card

Depends on a few factors
#1 what is the stack to pot ratio (do you need to build the pot to get all in by the river?
#2 what is the nature of your nuts (can they be outdrawn or are they a lock?)
#3 how aggressive or bluffy is your opponent (can you induce them to bet into you?)

This video series will help as well!