Aces fold

C

ChicoRSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a lot of people that just all in when they got Aces.

But if u are not that kind, how do u proceed?

And when u think that fold is the best way?

Thanks!

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA as a preflop hand is always good. And you should try to play this hand as efficiently as possible. At the same time, there are several situations when AA ceases to be a reliable card. For example, when several players enter the game at once. If you see that there is no opportunity to knock out the extra participants from the bank - try to see the flop cheaply. This will allow you to decide on the future of this pair of aces.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to play pocket aces is to raise and re-raise with them before the flop. You should play your pocket aces very forcefully after the flop. Most of the time you should be willing to go all in with pocket aces.

You should only consider folding pocket Aces after the flop if you determined that your Aces are no longer the clear winner. For example: the community cards showing a 4 card flush and other players are betting accordingly and your aces do not have the matching suit to make a flush.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that pocket aces are quite foldable preflop. In my opinion the more people get in the hand, especially if it's all ins, the more foldable they get. If foldable is really a word :) I don't think that serious players rush to go all in even with pocket aces

FlamengoBR

FlamengoBR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold with Aces only if the ITM is not guaranted yet.I prefer folding with Aces than losing.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like slow playing AAs. I find the more players that are in pots can be bigger. I find a lot of players chase draws so you can make more in the pot.

I don't like going all in with AAs preflop can always get players calling with anything.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing with AA on postflop, you must first learn to throw them away if the board has become dangerous. And, of course, you must prevent a multi-bank, preflop, otherwise the strength of these hands will drop dramatically.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
usually in tournaments with the AA I attack preflop to be able to throw my all- in the flop or on the turn. it is very rare that I fold this hand unless several players have called me preflop and that the flop is really not in my favor. cash game I still preflop 9bet to take even less risk with this hand.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You fold aces when you see potential straight and flush hands that could happen.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If should play them either of two ways to just call with them depending on your position and wait for them to bet into you at that point you can re-raise them. The other way is raise 3-4 times the big blinds to reduce the number of calllers with junk hands. I would recommend folding in situations like one card required to catch a flush or same to a straight draw.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like slow playing AAs. I find the more players that are in pots can be bigger. I find a lot of players chase draws so you can make more in the pot.

I don't like going all in with AAs preflop can always get players calling with anything.

Might want to start tracking your actual results a bit closer if you believe that slow playing poc A's is ev+ over time, rather than situational. Attempting to entice more players into the pot when you hold poc A's is just wrong.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA as a preflop hand is always good. And you should try to play this hand as efficiently as possible. At the same time, there are several situations when AA ceases to be a reliable card. For example, when several players enter the game at once. If you see that there is no opportunity to knock out the extra participants from the bank - try to see the flop cheaply. This will allow you to decide on the future of this pair of aces.[/QUOTE

Agree completely!

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Raise pre-flop to try and eradicate the drawing hands. 4 and five bet if necessary.
Cbet flop and dependent on board connectivity and villain(s) style proceed from there on. You need to read board and villain(s).
The more players that see the flop the less valuable your aces become.

Folding in Poker