ACES

Sammy12345

Sammy12345

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi community :) , I came with one special question ,, I played so much hands with many Pairs.... and usually won with them.. But l lost last days so many hands with AA against small cards 53 or 74 ,And am frustrated bcz i cannot believe i can loose 4 games a row with cards AA ,QQ , Was happened to you this same situation ,and how can u help me to play with this strong pair carefully? Thanks :)

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hi, there is not one simple answer to how you should play big pairs QQ, KK, AA. It depends on many factors, like position, mtt or cash game, your image at the table, the image of the opponent...etc.
If you are playing a cash game and you know that the table is loose and a lot of players like to call, you should raise big, very big to discourage them from calling with marginal hands, your equity vs one player is around 80% but it drops down every time another player join the pot.
It will happen that big pairs will loose sometimes, if you were winning with your normal play before that your AA were cracked 4-5 times in a row, it's just variance, don't try to change anything to your game.

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Preflop AA is a monster hand. Postflop an overpair is just good. If you're playing a good hand like it's a monster, that can cause problems.