Ace Queen off suit

I

Icehot1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,
I have played now three months poker and play nl holdem on pokerstars, it start to interested me how many time players loose last chips in all in with Ace Queen, me of course also.

I am now more careful with that hand.

hoping for reply thank you.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,
I have played now three months poker and play nl holdem on Pokerstars, it start to interested me how many time players loose last chips in all in with Ace Queen, me of course also.

Welcome. I hope you enjoy learning and growing with us all.
:party:

There are many threads with this topic just search AQ hands and you should learn a great deal.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are asking the wrong question.
If you must know the odds of losing with AQ, simply take any available odds calculator online that will show the exact odds against any cards.

The question you should ask is what you shall do with the AQ in a certain position/situation.

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,
I have played now three months poker and play nl holdem on Pokerstars, it start to interested me how many time players loose last chips in all in with Ace Queen, me of course also.

Lots of times, it`sdangerous hand.. but I had win lots of hands with tah also..

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love me some AQ, suited or offsuit. I'd say it's one of my favorite hands as long as you aren't overplaying it. I'll also always shove it when I'm shortstacked in tourney!

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you check your play in the future with a hud you can become more aware.... king queen is generally a bad all in depending on factors..... aq do you mind a race? can you get one other person all in not multiple people? can you see a flop with multiple players is a lot of things position wise to ask and do

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

You have to understand ranges of your opponents. Sometimes you'll get your money in bad with Ace Queen, but realistically you're only a underdog vs AK, QQ, KK, and AA.

AK vs AQ, AQ has a 25% chance of winning.
QQ vs AQ, AQ has a 30% chance of winning.
KK vs AQ, AQ has a 30% chance of winning.
AA vs AQ, AQ has a 7% chance of winning.

You're flipping vs pocket pairs lower than QQ.

Know your opponent ranges and how he plays premiums. He might play JJ the same as the hands I mentioned above, or different. You can also sniff those situations out from feel. Your feel becomes more enhanced from volume so keep playing. The person can easily have TT or AJ or AT there, so sometimes you can 3 bet AQ there.

Also take your own and your opponents stack sizes into account. Generally the less blinds you have, the harder it is to get away from AQ and the less blinds your opponents has the wider his betting range will be.

Edgaras1982

Edgaras1982

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play AQ of suite hand, against short stacks it plays very good :)

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you go with that hand all-in often you will end losing money often.Personally i never go all-in with that hand in cash games i only go all-in with that hand in freeroll tournaments or when i'm really short stacked in the tournament.That hand is only good to raise with her when you are playing against very tight opponents that way you will know where are you on the flop.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi.
Yes at first I was also excited after receiving bad letters getting AQ off
and when I flopped ace I put all the chips in the bet. But sometimes I lost to straight, flush, or even two pairs and ended up frustrating me. Nowadays I think of all the game possibilities to make a correct decision on the bet amount. Good development in your future game.:icon_king