Ace in the Hole

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of young player get quite excited when one of their downcards is an ace.
Please don't go overboard, while it is the top card it has its problems, especially
if your kicker is low.
There are three other aces out there and the chances of another player having one
increases, as the number of seats at the table increases. The odds of you pairing
one of your cards is just over 8/1, and if you pair your kicker, a small pair can
give you grief.
I would fold in early position, middle and late positions need some serious thought.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree, early position is tough to play AX. I fold every time unless it's suited and I can get it for cheap.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I had a quarter jar for every time I folded ace rag, I'd have a lot of quarters.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Types of players left to act matters alot more than the type of A you got, so first look at that and only after at the cards you have [emoji14]

Gyry

Gyry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agree with you, if i have for example A2 i can fold wery simply

jkgotsit

jkgotsit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are so many poor plays either early in position or just calling pre with A-9 & Under they get stuck riling onb the rag to produce cause they got called with A10-AK

J

joaocm2018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ace is a typical play that good players down in tournaments

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of young player get quite excited when one of their downcards is an ace.
Please don't go overboard, while it is the top card it has its problems, especially
if your kicker is low.
There are three other aces out there and the chances of another player having one
increases, as the number of seats at the table increases. The odds of you pairing
one of your cards is just over 8/1, and if you pair your kicker, a small pair can
give you grief.
I would fold in early position, middle and late positions need some serious thought.

If everyone limps then raise in BB position to steal blinds, if you are on the button and the price is cheap I would see the flop.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For tables 9-max. For aces with a low kicker (this is the hand from A-2 to A-9) fits very few flops. With such cards, you go for an ace, and the second small card is rarely useful. Therefore, you must consider that you play with one ace. I think an ace with a low kicker is better to play from late positions with a minimum raise.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Seen many Ace rags i.e, A2 and A5 , get three of a kind two's or three of a kind five's only to lose to a higher set, ie, three 9's or three 10's. You play with bad cards, lots of times only bad things can happen.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most players have euphoria when they have an ACE and it does not matter what other card and from this problem...

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best thing is not to get carried away by the emotion of an Ace in our hand and try to play the best way possible considering many more factors, as not only a letter by itself as an Ace will help us always win. The idea of ​​being able to read the game of others and of what possibilities we have of winning with many other hands more interesting than an Ace with nothing that accompanies it is very good. regards

Shishkin30

Shishkin30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players who have an ace with a small kicker are crazy if they start playing all-in with him pre-flop! if they are chip leaders, there are no questions, but if he plays his whole stack without seeing the board, for me it is not understud.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This can narrow your range. Yes it's not a profitable play if you always play A4 out of position. But it does contain a key blocker the Ace. If you're comfortable with a TAG playing style this can lead to problems on 44x boards if you chose to CB

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do agree that with a full stack A rag is usually a fold in early position, but if you are really short stacked in a tourney, I would move all in with any A, especially if suited.

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when i started playing online i would always call or raise wit Ax
Now that i have played enough to learn there is a time and a place to plat with Ace anything.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ace rag is not always a folding hand. It depends upon your position and whether or not you can get into the hand for free from the big blind or cheaply from the small one, providing there are not too many players in the pot

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A-2O-A9o are good hands for stealing, but nothing more.