A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Think you can calculate preflop odds? Does having a higher pair in hand guarantee you victory?
In my opinion, going all-in is a gamble.It's like fate is playing tricks on us.
Opinions?
Have you had your game over many times because of this?

Last edited:
A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I see that no one has anything to add, but everyone practices it.
Opinions about your experiences?

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
All in preflop depends from the strength of our hand AND from our stack !!

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I would like to debate this topic because it is encountered more recently in all tournaments, I think it is something essential, something that propels you, or something that takes you out of the game

V

Viking26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can never calculate everithing 100%...so who plays poker ia gambling? (poker plyers don t say so)..
If you calculate you have better chance.. Bigger chance.. I don t say it s gambling.. Poker is a complex game.. It requires a lot off skilks... Gamblers do not have skills.. In my opinion

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
All in preflop depends from the strength of our hand AND from our stack !!
You are very right, the strength of our hands does not matter because you do not know what has happened to you
You can never calculate everithing 100%...so who plays poker ia gambling? (poker plyers don t say so)..
If you calculate you have better chance.. Bigger chance.. I don t say it s gambling.. Poker is a complex game.. It requires a lot off skilks... Gamblers do not have skills.. In my opinion
You're very right, but when someone chooses all-in isn't it a game of chance? however many aces he might have in his hand. If nothing comes on the table in favor of one of the protagonists, it is clearly the bigger hand win....do you have any guarantee that this will happen?

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
And today I managed to get out of the game for the same reason all in. Before there was something that ruined my karma 😃

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-28-22-15-43-527_com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.ro.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-28-22-15-43-527_com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.ro.jpg
    890 KB · Views: 8
hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Think you can calculate preflop odds? Does having a higher pair in hand guarantee you victory?
Opinions?
Thousands of times, I've lost count, it's very common (especially in my case) to believe in AA, KK and even QQ, raise the villain double bet and I go all in and lose

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Thousands of times, I've lost count, it's very common (especially in my case) to believe in AA, KK and even QQ, raise the villain double bet and I go all in and lose
So I'm good with the decision to go with some monster all-in cards, or is there a specific time for that?😉

OnasOO

OnasOO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
depends on many factors, at least for me. It often happens that 5 people go all in, let’s say I have 5 8. It’s logical that I fold. When they open, they have an ace-king or a pair of aces, kings, and they come up with 5 8 or 5 5. It’s such a shame

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
depends on many factors, at least for me. It often happens that 5 people go all in, let’s say I have 5 8. It’s logical that I fold. When they open, they have an ace-king or a pair of aces, kings, and they come up with 5 8 or 5 5. It’s such a shame
Due to the lightness of the stack, I joined many times with 42,34,67,69🥴 with the hope that no big card will enter the table and I will get rich 😃. I have succeeded many times but made the mistake of trying this when I couldn't afford it and it was fatal for me

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You are making decisions based on incomplete information, therefor you are gambling. The better you understand the game the more likely you are to make good decisions & get positive results, but you are still gambling. Pre flop odds guarantee nothing. Going all in only guarantees that you lose any ability to affect the decision making of your opponent(s) based on the flop, turn or river.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Opinions?
Poker is a game of chance in any case, both pre-flop and post-flop. All-in preflop with a pair of aces is a good option in terms of percentage, but there is never a 100% guarantee that you will be a winner. All-in pre-flop should be when the conditions are right, but not because you have a pair of aces :)

V

vriza

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BA
Chips
Its easy to put all in if no1 can nock u out

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello if it has happened to me many times I have paid an allin with AA/ KK AND I HAVE LOST AGAINST 6-4 OF OR 3-2. No hand guarantees you anything preflop

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometime we have situation when we must go all in or fold, it is when you have little stack

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
A great reason to stop and think ) Can we find guarantees for unknown probabilities ? I guess we have to accept as a constant that there are bound to be losses ! If we put meaning into nonsense, does it get lost or does it surface ? )))

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Last night I put a screenshot in another thread but her place is here.
I think it was 3bb and I decided to try my luck for doubling the stack so I went all in which knocked me out of the tournament.
So you have to weigh the risk well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-26-22-40-31-789_com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.ro.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-26-22-40-31-789_com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.ro.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 3
dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
You need to be able to count quickly in poker, otherwise no time bank will be enough. The good news is that this comes with experience. Often preflop decisions come down to all-in. You can't make a good decision about whether to play your entire stack without knowing the equity of your hand.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Opinions?
There are no guarantees in poker, no guarantees. But all-in is simply a decision by one of the players to risk everything. And believe me, there will often be those who are ready to accept the challenge and take a risk. If you just prefer limit poker, then this is just another variation of this great game :)