Is ABC Poker really best style for micro stakes?

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can someone please explain to me what's ABC poker?

GDubs13

GDubs13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm this thread is full of all sorts of good information thank you everyone! I know I need to very seriously work on my poker fundamentals / ABC poker. And the Baluga Theorem is something I have not even heard of before now so I'm looking into it now!

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone please explain to me what's ABC poker?
It means playing solid and brutally honest poker depending on strong cards and not trying to outplay opponents which mostly are calling stations. Play tight, wait for a hand and bet. Here's an example of me trying to outplay an opponent: a guy raises 5BB under the gun, and I called him with 22 from the big blind, the flop comes AA9 and he takes his time and checks I put this guy on kings and checked the flop, turn comes irrelevant 6 and no flush draws. The guy finally bets like 4BB and here I decide I can represent an ace and bluff this guy off the pot. I raise him and over bet 2x the pot and he still calls. And he calls me not because he thinks I am bluffing but because he can't let go kings. I gave up and we check check and yes this guy shows kings. Who's the fish here? ME! That's why playing micro you play straightforward poker.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

I wouldn't say that. Now any field is undergoing qualitative changes. I think you need to play your poker at any limit.