AA in MP: Call or Raise to UTG+1 3-bet?

michel valente

michel valente

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
hello cardchat community family, comment there, you in a tournament in the MP position with pair of AA, UTG and UTG+1 give 3-bet what do you do.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Against 2 strong ranges here, I 4 bet every time and celebrate it someone 5 bets or jams.

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would add, pay or raise, never limp

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In this situation, holding a pair of Aces in the middle position, facing a 3-bet from UTG or UTG+1, I would definitely choose to raise. A 3-bet from early position players typically indicates a strong hand, and since we have the best starting hand pre-flop, it's important to get value from our opponents while we still have the best hand.

By re-raising, we can put more pressure on our opponents and force them to either fold their weaker hands or call with a worse hand, which increases our chances of winning the pot. However, the size of our raise will depend on the stack sizes and the dynamics of the table. If our opponents have deep stacks, we can consider a larger raise, while a smaller raise might be more appropriate if the stacks are shallow.

In summary, I would choose to raise with a pair of Aces in this situation to maximize the value of our hand and put pressure on our opponent.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
4-betting is the way to go here. You have the best pre-flop hand so you want to extract value from at least one of the 2 people that are indicating to have a strong hand. If any of them jams, you are most likely at least 80% favourite to pick up a lot of chips.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Easy 4bet, they are two very strong ranges, probably one of them will hitch...