E

eracska80

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Hi,
How can I survive if I got AA and I got all in.
In 90% I loose. Should I give it up the poker game?

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I see no reason to give up on poker, because you lost some hands with AA, this is part of poker, and this is called variance and it will depend a lot on your game volume, the smaller the game volume, the more variance, consequently you will lose more. times with AA hands.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If this statistics for 10 all-ins preflop, - so, happens... Nothing bad...
If this statistic for 1000 all-ins preflop, - you have bad account ))) :D

rsparente

rsparente

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You should just stop trying to guess your odds. It's not too wise to go all-in with pocket aces in a non-GTO table.
If players play the best of GTO themselves, than it would be better.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are losing 90% you are doing something horribly wrong, or your sample size is way too small to be meaningful.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hi,
You don’t have to go all in with AA. Do you think you should give up poker or should you just learn more? There is a great free 30 day course on here.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You should work with poker coach and psychologist

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,
AA is the best starting hand in NLHE. Play it well & you should win most pots. If you loose 90% with it, perhaps consider other games where you are good at.

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
You should just stop playing all in wi AA. Especially pre flop at the beginning phase of the tournament. If you play cash games either stakes are really low or you just play too aggressively.
I wouldn't look for the reason/ excuses in poker or luck. I learned that most of the Times it's me who makes the mistakes. No matter if I have AA or 72o. And it is us who creates our own luck.

Last edited:
airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I'm just fresh of exiting the 1 mil GG new year freeroll with AA... I was late position, raised 5BB, after under the gun limped in... Big blind went all in... Utg called... I thought they both had Ace something or pocket pair... So, made that call myself too... Big blind had pocket kings.. Utg had KQo... So, I thought I would easily triple my stack... But, flop comes in, rainbow, K, 7, 2..., turn and river were irrelevant cards... end of story... My point is that it is funny how often these days, AA is on the losing side... I lose with it, win against it, but improving the game is the way to go.

sabir

sabir

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Going all in with AA depends on 3 important criteria,
the position
the stack
and the tournament phase (start of the tournament, bubble, final table)

in general if you are in the last 2 to call you should go ALL IN especially if you cover all the players involved on the game otherwise you raise 3bet

during the bubble it's complicated,
you really have to go ALL IN only when you cover all the players to avoid being eliminated

But play AA all in and according to statistics it's the safest way to avoid accidents against AK and AQ

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
It simply happens. You did what you should do and you will have many cases like that. It doesm't mean tharmt your course of action should be to fold. Most Times you will win.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're going to lose a lot with a pair especially multiway and with nasty straight and flush draw boards.

Use a poker calculator like here at cardschat and at cardplayer to realize the real situation.

Throw in some "inexperienced" ( to be nice) players and you'll set yourself up for some nonsensical drama that will make you wonder why you're even playing.

Put in some time and heart ache and you'll figure it out against "those" players and how to recognize the warning signs.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course not, but there are some considerations to make when you play AA:

Did you limp?
Did you three-bet a raise?
Did you four-bet when the villain three-bet preflop?

These questions are basic, because giving the villain a chance to see the cheap flop increases your chances of losing with AA. But if you play it right, then it's normal for AA to sometimes lose the hand.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi,
You are exaggerating. You cannot lose with a pair of aces 90% of the time. It doesn't happen like that. If you start keeping your statistics from today, you will see for yourself that you got the wrong impression.