AA

malcolmt

malcolmt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Which is the best way to play AA. All in ..3bet or just a call..

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on the situation for that. Are you in early, middle, or late position? Are you on the small blind or big blind? Has anyone bet and what do they represent? Also, is this a cash game, or tournament? Do you have a read on the players that are in the hand (tight, aggressive, loose?)? If it is a tournament, are you near the money bubble and what are the blinds?

I know that is a lot of questions, and I am sure that I may have missed some but these factors have to be taken into account before a definitive answer can be provided.

P

pablo lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are several ways to play AA aggressively to face a few players if you want to face a lot of players play a limp call plus your chances of risk increase and a lot in my case I would play very aggressive to face a maximum of two more opponents besides me because my chances of winning the hand are huge.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the situation. 30bb or less is always an olyn, 50bb or more, you can 3bet and call.

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best answer is it depends.
It depends on the moment of the tournament, it depends on the player who rose before your action, it depends on your stack ... it depends on a lot.

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on so many factors, there is no one real aswer. If someone is willing to call your all-in than this is definitely the best decision. It can work with short stacks. With deeps stacks you want to raise to limit the opposition to one, maximum two players and play it on flop. With very deeps stakcs you need to be prepared to lay down the hand because you don't want to lose a lot with a single pair. Sometimes you even may want to limp in with pocket aces. So it all depends.

DanyDiablo

DanyDiablo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will always depend on whether you are playing cash or a tournament. If it is a tournament, the instance being played, the characteristics of the players, their position, etc.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends as others have said but I will try to be a little more definitive that. If there is only one raiser in front of you and you are closing the action I think you should raise. If you are not closing the action and there is aggressive opponents behind you then you can call hoping they try to squeeze and then go from there. If there are passive players behind you then you should probably be raising. If your stack is below 40 BB I think raising is best but if it is above that consider the factors that I mentioned.

I guess the easy way to put it is you will be less wrong to always raise AA then if you try to mix it up. Mixing it up can you get you in trouble if you are against multiple opponents. In the long run you would want to be against a multiple opponents but know that when this happens you lose more often and probably will be for a big pot. Multiple opponents will ensure a bigger pot than you will win more often than either of your opponents will individually but again puts you at more risk.

So if you want an easy answer, raise and go from there. If you want the most +EV answer it would depend on the situation, position, chip stack, and opponents.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it all depends on the situation. 30bb or less is always an olyn, 50bb or more, you can 3bet and call.

Is this something math-related I am unaware of or is it just an estimate you came up with? I would not always want to shove all-in at 30bb - even with AA.

As many have noted, "it depends" is a good answer. Table position, stack sizes, blinds/antes, table image, player skill level (we should be more likely to gamble against players we view as more skilled than us because then the skill element is minimized) and many other factors are important to consider.

AA is no different than other "premium hands" (with the subtle difference of being the best possible hole cards) where we want value. Usually this means open-raising and value betting, but sometimes it is best to trap or even slow down too. AA is NOT invincible, but some players tend to treat it as such. It is really good but it is only one pair. This loses often to 2 pair hands and straights etc.

Against a random hand, AA is about an 85% favorite, so we typically have the best hand and want to aggressively seek value when we get this hand.

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on the situation are you in . If you are on the early position - all in, middle position - race preflop, late position - check preflop.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is advisable to always 3 bet to decrease the number of your opponents and not to be called by marginal hands. sometimes I like to play it as if I were in a cash game with a bet * 9. when we are short stacked and the blinds are high or when our image is not good at the table for example. it is better to all-in preflop.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
the best answer is it depends.
It depends on the moment of the tournament, it depends on the player who rose before your action, it depends on your stack ... it depends on a lot.

Totally agree

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play all in but not always. This depends on situation on a table. If already on a table players checked i recommend play all in if not then good way is only raise.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is always depending on the players on the table you are playing with. If you know them perfectly, you will take the right decision for sure. In my experience in the game, do not play them slowly, only in situations where a lot of people have folded the hand, you can play them slowly, because limping with it with many players always is vulnerable for AA. AA is stronger hand pre-flop against 1 or maximum 2 players, but if you concede more than 2 players to see the flop with AA, the chances for every hand pre-flop is equaled.