A6o

F

fishinabowl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Except for heads-up games and in later levels in tournaments, is there any way or reason to play this hand?
It's too weak to raise with in early position. It's too weak to call or reraise with in late position. The only play I see with the A6o is to attack the blinds with.
Maybe against a more loose player?

I actually prefer a hand like 73s or something silly

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use it to steal the blinds. It is not even good enough for all ins since it usually has 10% less at face than default all in value. It is a POS hand that should be folded. I fold it even suited because it gets me into so much trouble. Not as bad as AJ though that hand is hell.

I prefer suited 1-gappers for silly hands after 1 gap it is dramatically more difficult to get a straight also 3 gappers are reverse implied odds.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a suitable raise/fold hand from late position other than that I'd fold it off the bat.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely a playable hand. You have to realize that this hand is still better than any K high hand. Also, depending on if the other players are agro players, you definitely have a shot to get their chips with that. You can't just play AK AQ or AJ. Mixing up ranges for you only helps you.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on what you are playing, tournaments or cash games. For example, I usually play tournaments, and I almost never play with such cards.

S

Streethawk71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends WHO you're playing - if everyone has a VPIP <15% you could open with it late to steal, but calling would be suicidal.
If there are wilder players behind you probably best not to unless you have the edge post-flop (preferably with position...)