A6-A9 offsuit

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you guys think about these hands?

I usually fold them on a full table early. I play them if they are suited for a limp maybe small raise. But offsuit A6-A9 is junk in my opinion.

When do you play these and how do you play these weak offsuit Aces?

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ax deuce through 8 is at best split pot at worst dominated. A9 has worse than default all in value. Think AKo vs any non ace or king hand.

A6-A9 are hands that are almost designed to lose you big hands. Hellmuth said something about avoiding Ax sub Ten suited in MTTs.

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
those hands can cost you a lot of money especially if ace hits flop-you,ll most surely be behind most times,there best folded preflop unless your in late pos

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold this hands preflop mayby some Steel raise from button can Made

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play it only in late position knowing the style of players on table and play it in blinds. In many case it cause lost chips no a good hand to play.

O

OneBuyIn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Malakata, but only with A9. The other hands are ususually pure trash, except A2-A5 in early position. Basically, it's best to continue folding them if you're unsure.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you guys think about these hands?

I usually fold them on a full table early. I play them if they are suited for a limp maybe small raise. But offsuit A6-A9 is junk in my opinion.

When do you play these and how do you play these weak offsuit Aces?

Well everything is table dependent. If I have the edge on the table these hands will be in my cutoff, hijack, button opening range. Mostly because I know I can outplay the opponent post flop. On any table, I will sometime include them in my 3 bet steals for balance. On most tables though these hands aren't in my range. To easy to get into tricky spots, for no reason.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
these hands do not inspire confidence if I without a position and aggression goes on the first street
now I can part with them without regret.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
As this is the Learning forum I assume that you are newish to poker, if that is the case I would advise you to totally not play those hands until you learn the game better, then when your game has improved you will know if and when to play those hands and you can start adding them to your game.

Like others have said, those hands can lose you a lot of money.

:top:

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm not on a short stack and in a late position, I always fold those hands.

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard some say that these are good hands to semibluff with a raise on the button.

Not the best idea. I've nailed people hard disguising my AQ as a similar call I've made earlier with connectors.

I'd say they are worth a blind call or maybe even 2-3xBB call from an opponent with a tilted dwindling stack.

Don't expect to be successful if you pair the A and get 3or4 bet.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With pocket cards A6-A9 I enter the game with a minimum raise from the late positions. An ace with a weak A6-A9 kicker does not win big pots. With such pocket cards you can lose a lot and win a little. I think that the A6-A9o is best suited for the blinds.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't care for A2-A9 offsuit. I'll usually fold it, even in LP. It's too easy to be dominated since people love to play AK/AQ/AJ. I sometimes raise Ax suited in LP if nobody has raised. I may push all-in with AXo in LP if I'm short stacked. In such a situation, I'm less likely to be up against a strong A.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play thoses card pre flop , if I m on button , or I m the chip leader in other positon I ll fold them. It can makes you lose a lot of money

gedzshadow

gedzshadow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe 2 or 3 handed but certainly not at a full table.

D

da22duke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just fold them. You always lose with them in the long run and they aren't worth the occasional win...

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold them all the time suited or not. I know there are times I try to steal with them, but IMHO they just get ya kilt!

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Like you, early game I always fold them. But late game, when the blinds are bigger I try to get some action raising from cut off and buton.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Dangerous hands that you better really be picking your spots with.

A

aj43615

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play them unless I'm late to bet...If I get called and nothing comes on flop I leave the hand...

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A6 - A9 I play with not a big raise in the case when before me no one made a 3-bet. AА basically folds into the hand after the preflop.

fhruhrhit

fhruhrhit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A6-A9o are not good on multi way.
I play them from only BTN.