A serious approach to poker.

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wanted to learn from people who are serious about poker, play big limits and have a lot of experience. What can you tell me who recently got up from free rolls and want to get serious about poker, what helped you in your initial stage, what to do more and what to avoid.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wanted to learn from people who are serious about poker, play big limits and have a lot of experience.

This comment maybe a mistake to make. I understand what you mean but playing big limits does not make you a great player. People play small limits for whatever reasons they may have. I play only low limits as its all i can afford to play. I am also a very serious when it come to the game and learning from it and belive this, I put alot of work into my game. I also love the game. Its not about the money for me but the glory of the win. Yes the money is nice to but its not what drives me.

You might be surprised if you looked around at some of the people here who have a very successful poker resume who only play small limits that would be very happy to answer questions and help you grow your game.

Now I want to talk bout a small time poker player. He mostly plays smaller event. He is a bit of a old timer but his resume it you look at his buying and what he has won he would be not considered a high limit guy. You may of heard of him though, Men "the master" nguyen. Now much of his glory years were prior to the poker boom 6 of his 7 wsop bracelets were from prior 2003 and his last in 2010. he is also 4 time player of the year for cardplayer rankings. last in 2005. Now the reason i bring up 2005 was he won mostly playing big player pool size and smaller buy in events. Now Mens last title was in 2020 at a WPT side event but he has 96 poker titles to his name. Not to bad for playing mostly smaller buy ins at this level.