A Question that has been buggin me

G

genozzolo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I spent and wasted time on fake money on Ps too, well its totally different on cash games.

Basically the idea is good to start with fake money, but the experience you do there its not good, cause other people doesnt play with real money, so they willing to all in easily, they dont play as people on cash games.

Its far better spend few cents on sng like 0,50 cents sng, and earn experience there for 1-2 months rather then fake money.

Its total different world. Only good if u dont know basic of poker and need to learn it.

belerophon

belerophon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know people who have done alright with .25 sng on Stars as has been mentioned. I lent a friend who is a decent player 5$ and he's built up his BR on it.
I have a small bankroll myself these days after necessarily cashing out most of my winnings. I'm building it back up again through micro LHE which is the game I feel most comfortable but if I was new I'd be playing the .25.

Congratulations on doing well on the HU.

G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wether it's the sng's or the cash games, it's a grind. Just play what you're most comfortable with. And HU sng's are great btw :). It's how I built my br up.

Olddog21

Olddog21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never consider how well I did on "PLAY MONEY" to decide where to play next.....throw those thoughts out....now ....become a member of the FREEROLL CLUB first....if you can play with me and the others ...consistently....then try your hand at a SNG or MTT! If not, they will gobble up your real money in a heart beat! Just a thought.....:proud: :proud:

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that a good plan from above

tomh7795

tomh7795

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wether it's the sng's or the cash games, it's a grind. Just play what you're most comfortable with. And HU sng's are great btw :). It's how I built my br up.

I don't think they are a good bankroll builder. You can't mult table. Takes ages to get any sort of bankroll. Only good thing is less rake for husng. I've played a good 150 of em. Sooooooooooooo boring lol

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't think they are a good bankroll builder. You can't mult table. Takes ages to get any sort of bankroll. Only good thing is less rake for husng. I've played a good 150 of em. Sooooooooooooo boring lol

THere are actually some players online who are up HUGE in HeadsUp sngs.... but not in the micros, obv.
I have a winrate of 52% in HU Sng but I'm down in money in them. Get the picture. (I actually only mostly play them vs. friends, ... try to reg. at the exact same time, and then have a game online... kinda fun).

G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

My sharkscope graph for the last ~350 games seems to disagree with you tomh, HU sng's are great for building a br. I'd say it takes ages to get anywhere the more players there are. Games take way longer, the marginal ROI increase doesn't make up for the time you need to put in.

Seriously HU sng's are the bomb, lots of fish playing them.

R

rcbstuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should continue to do both. With the sit n go games if you want to play for about an hour you can. The biggest question I have is where are you making your most money? I would imagine it's in the cash games. If I am correct then you should use the sit n go as games to kill time with.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Best plan (imo... for starting out) >> stick to one variation of the game (if you're hoping to build a bankroll).... learn it... study it... research it... study some more... & more... & more... etc.

R

rollnutilt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best plan (imo... for starting out) >> stick to one variation of the game (if you're hoping to build a bankroll).... learn it... study it... research it... study some more... & more... & more... etc.
That I agree with 100%. Focus on one type of game and learn as much about it as you can.