A Noob Question About the Cardschat Preflop Charts

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I'm looking at the preflop charts on the cardschat strategy section and am a little bit confused.

https://www.cardschat.com/pkimg/guides/starting-hands-chart.pdf

When I see something like 6-5s+ does that mean all suited connectors above 6-5?

Likewise A-8s+ means all Ax hands higher than 8 right?

The most confusing bit is J-8s+, does this refer to suited connectors separated by 2 cards above J-8? Or is it Everything on the grid higher than J-8 regardless of spacing between the cards. I'm assuming the latter?

What about 8-7o+? Suited connectors again? Seems silly to play open connectors this low, so I'm not sure how to interpret this.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I'm looking at the preflop charts on the cardschat strategy section and am a little bit confused.

The most confusing bit is J-8s+, does this refer to suited connectors separated by 2 cards above J-8? Or is it Everything on the grid higher than J-8 regardless of spacing between the cards. I'm assuming the latter?

What about 8-7o+? Suited connectors again? Seems silly to play open connectors this low, so I'm not sure how to interpret this.

Everything is right, except 8-7o+, this is not suited connectors, is connectors of two different suits.
You only use this cards if you are in late position and anyone calls or raise before by chart.

Obviously it will depend on the table, but this is just an idea, the ideal is to adapt in a way that fits best with your game.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything is right, except 8-7o+, this is not suited connectors, is connectors of two different suits.
You only use this cards if you are in late position and anyone calls or raise before by chart.

Obviously it will depend on the table, but this is just an idea, the ideal is to adapt in a way that fits best with your game.

Thanks, I just realized I made a mistake there and meant to say open not suited.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

NO....65s+ means suited connectors 65 AND above

J8s+ means J8s J9s JTs JQs JKs JAs

Don't know why other people are just "yessing" you.

Good luck !