A Lot To Learn

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, I have been playing online and live for a long time but after only a week on CardsChat and reading some threads I realize I am really lost when it comes to the short forms, abbreviations and jargon used..Really I never knew that players used software (HUD) to improve their results, I guess I am really old school, just play by hands, experience, and paying attention to patterns, doing ok but not great. So how about some education, like a list of abbreviations, acronyms etc and their meanings, then perhaps an old not techie can catch up.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, I have been playing online and live for a long time but after only a week on CardsChat and reading some threads I realize I am really lost when it comes to the short forms, abbreviations and jargon used..Really I never knew that players used software (HUD) to improve their results, I guess I am really old school, just play by hands, experience, and paying attention to patterns, doing ok but not great. So how about some education, like a list of abbreviations, acronyms etc and their meanings, then perhaps an old not techie can catch up.

I searched the site but could not find an abbreviation list her. If you use google and search for poker abbreviation list you will find some on other sites. We are not supposed to link or mention other sites here so I cannot be direct as to where you could go but there is a very good list out there and it took me 2 minutes to find it.

If you "quote and reply" to this I will respond if you have your own list that you need defined.

Hope this helps
:):)

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Answer

Thanks I’ll see what I can find

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just listen to poker videos and read poker articles. When you hear or see a word you dont know try to find out what it means. Through thinking or just googling it. It broadens your view.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This is a very helpful guide which will bring you up to speed quickly https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_poker_terms

Gotta love wikipedia!! :D