A Hand of JJ, do you call or fold all in?

BLMonteiro

BLMonteiro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
When you get JJ in tournaments or in play, do you go all in or fold?

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on several factors, such as: position, number of big blinds, timing of the tournament and how the action comes to us. Overall, it's a hand we'll always play, there are specific spots where folding isn't bad (icm situations).

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You never pay an all-in preflop with JJ, it's a hand where you have more to lose than win. so my answer is that I don't pay an all-in.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
depending on how many players and what opponent puts all-in, if it's an aggressive person, I'll call and play with such a hand, and if it's a passive player, I'll discard or if I don't know the person, it's a pass

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Unless i'm :sleep: in the tournament then i'm almost never folding such cards therefore ...

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It depends on the move, preferably I would call

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If it's a blind war of course everything is paid for and more with JJ

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on my position and what others have done before me, if only a few callers and no raisers, I would probably shove. If someone before me raised, I would probably just call depending on the size of their raise.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
JJ isnt too much trustable. Depends on the situation, your position, how many blinds and your enemies blinds you/they have, if the blinds is still low, etc. Depends on several factors, like everyone in this topic said.

M

miriancastro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cruel doubt, but that always makes you want to pay, that's enough. I think I'll go 50/50.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
..deoends on many things, stack sizes, position, who I'm playing and what I think they have👍

emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
the question is way to generic to answer, parameters matter or don't bother asking, put some effort into it eh? here is my generic answer....it depends....1680207952388

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
the question is way to generic to answer, parameters matter or don't bother asking, put some effort into it eh? here is my generic answer....it depends....View attachment 328334
Way to funny mate. Love your answer.

Without more details there is no way to really answer this questiom. I can raise fold and go all in with jacks. It depends on the stack sizes and the situation at hand.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Look friend, JJ is a hand in which many people have called it fatal.
For me it is one more hand that depending on the position you play it in, it can bring you many profits.
Also the J is a very salient card in the showdown.
From now on, it all depends on how lucky you are.
The position for me is essential.
If they openraise me from UTG with 3 bets and I'm in another position, I only pay.
If there is someone who raises 4 bets to the open raise, possibly depending on the players I am up against, I either limp or fold in case there is a possible stronger hand.
But it's a very playable hand for me.
My regards, brother:):):):):)

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it depends on how the action at the table is going, if it was a very tight table, I wouldn't go all-in, and if it were a looser table, I would make a big call, and I would go all-in if the board didn't hit a card higher than mine

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the table if you are in tournaments and you need chips all in closing your eyes if it is cash thinking how the opponent plays

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So I do not ending up on the bubble, in the first half hour, hour of a tourney, I would go all in with JJ for the chance of a quick double up.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on the format of the tournament, my position at the table, the size of my stack, and who my opponents are. There are many factors that are important and must be taken into account.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I played JJ two days ago in a game on-line and was raised all-in from the button, blinds were high and I was struggling so I called figuring Hooks never catch and they didn't, but neither did the A/K I was up against, luckily he had fewer chips than I did and I took him out of the game, I went on to finish in 2nd place.
It could have easily gone either way, because all-ins are always a coin toss, there is nothing you can do to alter the outcome, no skill involved, just get it in and pray!

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This depends a lot on the position and whether you are the first to play. If someone raises, and another one goes all-in and another one calls, obviously I am in danger of calling with JJ. But in many situations I go all-in if there is a tribet.

subluchuk

subluchuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
cant answer that as there are so many important things like position,stacksize,opponents style,open raise,reraise 3 bet etc

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker