Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Cash game, Mtts, Sit Go has a difference between them or they are the same thing. And if there is a difference, can anyone explain the difference to me? I see lots of people talking about money games, I've been wanting to know the meaning of cash game I wanted tips on how to play cash game

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a huge difference . CIS MTT SAG...this is a completely different game and you need to use different styles for each of them ..
My advice to you: do not start the game for money if you do not understand even this ...on the Internet you can find a lot of useful literature that is relevant to all these species separately ..

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
doesn't really matter what site you play, or what type of play, free, or money...

Cash game, Mtts, Sit Go has a difference between them or they are the same thing. And if there is a difference, can anyone explain the difference to me? I see lots of people talking about money games, I've been wanting to know the meaning of cash game I wanted tips on how to play cash game
It really doesn't matter what type of format you play in online poker...the sites are horribly pre programmed to where the same people get dealt the good cards, no matter what position they're in, or actually no matter what cards they play either! They can play every hand and get 90% of the winners, while I sit there and play "smartly" and try to play "power" cards in good positions, etc! The same person will still get 90% of the winners, no matter what cards they play! I can play an ace with good kickers and about 80%+ of the time I will NOT get the ace, on flop, turn, or river...yet, I watch people playing stupid cards with aces...in bad positions, etc...and they seem to get the ace about 80%+ of the time when they play one! I cannot for the life of me think of another word to use besides "rigged" other than the "FACTS" that if a site is using "pre programming", then how can you possibly call that "random?"

Last edited:
This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basics of MTTs SnGs and Cash Games

An MTT is a Multi-Table Tournament where there is no limit (or an extremely high limit) to the number of players in the tournament. The tournament continues until there is only 1 player remaining. Once you enter the tournament, you cannot quit until you lose all your chips or win money. Typically, about 10% of the players get paid winnings with the top positions getting paid much, much more than the rest of the paid places. So if there's 1000 people in the MTT you want to finish in the top 100 to make a "min-cash" and hopefully in the top 9 (the final table) to rake in the big bucks.

An SnG is a Sit-n-Go where there is a specific limit of how many people can play (such as a 9-player SnG). The tournament will not start until there is that many players, and there can be no more than that many players. Once again, you cannot leave a Sit-n-Go until you either lose all your chips or win money. In a Sit-n-Go, a higher % of the field gets paid. For instance, in a 9 player SnG they typically pay the top 3 places (or top 33%).

A Cash Game (aka Ring Game) is made up of a single table of players. You put cash on the table and directly play for cash. Each hand you win or lose is actual cash you are winning or losing. In a cash game you can get up and leave at any point, so if you win some money you can just get up and keep it, or if you lose some money and don't want to lose more you can get up and keep whatever is left over.

In MTTs and SnGs the blinds constantly increase in size.
In Cash Games the blinds are always at the same level and online you get to pick what level you want to play at.

Playing a TAG (Tight AGgressive) strategy is highly recommended in all styles. You should do research on that specific strategy. However, there are some differences between the types of games.

With Cash Games, the blinds never go up so you can spend more time sitting around waiting for a great hand.
With a SnG, the blinds go up periodically, so you need to play some more hands (not bad hands, just more hands) in order to keep a good stack size (20+ BBs). However, in SnGs you're mostly just trying to outlast your opponents because there are so few of them.
With an MTT, You cannot just sit around waiting to outlast your opponents. The blinds get way too high for that. You have to open up your range and play simply good hands and even some mediocre hands thrown in to try to win chips. In MTTs it is ultimately important that you maintain a healthy stack size (20+ BBs) and if all you do is sit around waiting for a great hand, the blinds are going to go up on you and take you out fo the tournament before you reach the money.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on what your goal is. In my opinion, cash games are quite complicated for a beginner. Better to start playing freerolls or the cheapest mt tournaments. I am also a beginner, playing poker for about a year and I realized that I lacked experience, so at the moment I play only freerolls.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
An MTT, if you lose all your chips, you are done and cannot get back into the tourney unless it is a rebuy format. Also, to get in the money of an MTT may take hours and hours, even days.

A cash game, you can enter as many times as you like as long as you have more money to put into it. You can also walk out with your money at any moment if you want to leave.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you do not immediately realize how the structure changes the hands and the game then do not play cash. You will lose your money very quickly because there is a revenue based-percentage based-high frequency rake at minimum. Cash game is a skill game as long as you are bank roll managing 60x. Just play freerolls until you think deeper about the game can't explain it all in one post.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a lot of difference between the three. Cash games is more of a gambling game, where you can pull out of the game anytime you want. If you are already winning you can always stand up and collect all your winnings.
In sit and gos, the players battle each other until the winner is left. The number of players with prizes depends on the number of players participating. Usually the top three gets a prize in 9 or 10 handed tables.
In MTTs, the game is usually longer because the game is a tournament and a lot of players are included. The number of places paid also depends on the format.

If you want a short game that you can stand up anytime, its the cash game.
If you dont like the idea of playing poker like you are gambling and you dont want to play a long time, its the sit n go for you.
If you like playing tournaments with big stakes and lots of players getting ITM and you dont mind playing for a longer time, you should play MTTs.