Was that a "donk"call or not?

D

dillingerdis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no way in my opinion that it is a donk call. They guy was just pissed, like almost every guy gets and started to whine about it. Its pretty typical of people that play online and obviously have no fear of talking trash because they know the other person cant retaliate in a way they can in real life. Kinda like poking at the monkey in the cage to look cool. But if the monkey was let out it would be a different story. Youre fine.

J

jrosekcs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you had 40BB at the time...calling the raise for an additional 2.5 BB with suited connectors was not bad....not great either but you had enough to take a shot...his mistake was not c-betting the flop for 2/3 the pot..at which point you would have had a hard decision to make.....honestly he was kinda silly making a 3 bet raise with a tier 2 hand ....he should have just limped and saved himself chips....way too many hands available to make the 9's shrivel up...i say good playing on your part:cool:

E

empco

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Three solutions to your problem that will work

:icon_sant
1) get a cash account and play real poker. when you don't have anything of value too loose you are not playing poker. I.E. your all DONKS.
2) block that players chat so you never have too read his posts again.
3) quit all together, go to church, ask for forgivness, and live hapily ever after.
BONUS: Learn how too play poker by playing heads-up tables until you can win 70% of the time. If you can't beat 1 player most of the time what good are you in a croud? While doing so you will learn that you are playing people, not cards. It doesn't matter what cards you have it only matters what cards you make them think you have. You might even learn how too lable other players properly if in fact you are human and have half a brain.

B

bfw0082

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it perfect, 10 J with that stack is a good call, that draw you had on the flop was awesome and nailing the nuts on the turn is why you play connected cards, good thing he didnt fill, but nothing you can do but play your hands and hope they hold on the river.

Guy was mad at himself and took it out on you, you played it perfect, and won, congrats, hope you hit ITM and were able to increase your roll :p:joyman:

TiltMonkey999

TiltMonkey999

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Rule #7, you always gotta bet the flop when you see a draw out there. He failed to do that when he had a set. You put your chips in to see the flop, but hey it paid off. Not a donk play, dont worry what these people say, they talk because they are mad at themselves.

T

The Muppetteer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a few things here.
1. I thinks its a marginal call pre-flop as others have stated you might dominated, you are lucky to be in coin flip.
2. He probably checks the flop as he thinks he is good.
3. He must make c-bet post-flop as there is a straight draw on the board, if it were me I would be pushing all-in.
4. He only calls you a donk because you outdrew him, had you not or had he made a Full Boat on the river he would have been glad you called.
5. Being called a donk doesnt always mean you made a donk play it just means you upset someone by beating them in a hand.

The Muppetteer

J

jumping jack flash

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop 99 is a slight favorite over j10s (v slight ) but dont kick yourself ,i personally wouldnt have called pf,but so what !!as for giving you grief from the rail ,get used to it as ther are loads of weak players who think they are phil helmuth and will tell you how bad (in detail ) why your play was so horrible ! even if it wasnt!! you took down the hand !well done ,thats all that matters.

tubur69

tubur69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:icon_sant
1) get a cash account and play real poker. when you don't have anything of value too loose you are not playing poker. I.E. your all DONKS.
2) block that players chat so you never have too read his posts again.
3) quit all together, go to church, ask for forgivness, and live hapily ever after.
BONUS: Learn how too play poker by playing heads-up tables until you can win 70% of the time. If you can't beat 1 player most of the time what good are you in a croud? While doing so you will learn that you are playing people, not cards. It doesn't matter what cards you have it only matters what cards you make them think you have. You might even learn how too lable other players properly if in fact you are human and have half a brain.
Thanks for the suggestion.
1.I already have cash account and play for real money so probably based on your previous opinion I'm not a DONK which makes me feel very comfortable.
2.Will do it next time thank you(another valuable suggestion).
3.Don't really feel that I need to go to the church and ask for forgiveness because:
Jesus said: I am the light that is over them all. I am the All; the All has come forth from me, and the All has attained unto me. Split a piece of wood and I am there. Raise up the stone, an ye shall find me there.
Gospel of Thomas verse 77.
Bonus:
Me poker Bot no brain just a bad software.

K

killacandis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate being called a donk; and i do things like this too, i dont like to say i am a beginner, because ive been playing for a little while now. but i just started learning position and all that, so basically i am a beginner, when it comes to skill, and i seem to have very bad luck in online poker also...

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's a freeroll ANYTHING goes... :) on a serious note calling with JT out of a SB is not bad call if you playing deep stack but short stack calls are not a good idea.