Is this a cbet or donkbet?

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Small 10 big 20 utg opens 60 3beta button 120 small and big foldam. utg call. on the flop, UTG opens 60. Is this a cbet or donkbet?

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
no matter what, looking at the size of the pot it's a foolish bet......
You beat me to it. I was going to say "weird bet".

I think it would probably be classified as a donk bet because the last raiser PreFlop should be the one to continue. Semantics aside, it is like a blocker bet on the Flop. Perhaps it is designed to induce a big raise?

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see this a lot in freerolls. I call it a "feeler bet". You'd be surprised how many folds these guys get with min betting OOP. Of course, it is a freeroll after all..

OP didn't mention this was about a freeroll.....so, I thought just a general question.....
The bet size of 60 is weird and totally makes no sense......no matter how you call it.....what's in a name ?

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in fact what does cbet or donkbet mean to you?

W

Wait4ItKid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is not an ideal bet but, if you can't see away of winning the pot using this bet size on the flop, I suggest taking up croquet.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's weird, but maybe a brilliant way to limit the pot (avoid someone else 3bet).

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I just think that for your game to evolve you should stop looking at the opponent's mistake and yes you should exploit it to those who send the cards if the flop is favorable then you should act better to try to extract as many chips about the game. opponent if it is with a big raise, or with all in or trying to show weakness what is his strategy and if the flop was favorable

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a donkbet your leading into the preflop aggressor.

M

malaka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is the C bet,but we can say donk C bet too,LOL

A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donk bet.

A donk bet is when someone other than the last aggressor leads off with a bet post flop.

Since the button was the last aggressor pre-flop, a bet by anyone else is defined as a donk bet.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do this frequently as a cbet. Whatever i bet preflop, i bet post flop to increase size of the pot and prevent others from betting high if I missed on the flop