Status
Not open for further replies.
hojediade

hojediade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if there is one solution to survive long in freerolls, but i mostly play like this:
First part:
I will call often with many interesting hands as 64 suited and all that kind of hand as most of the players will try to catch a pair or 2, but won't see any further. Big raises for strong hands if there were no bet before, call or all-in if someone already raised (depends on the quality of the hand) .
Later, before ITM:
I will try to play only big hands and will push it hard, to defend the pot. Will call with some seducing connectors. The image is getting important as the tournament is runnin', so i want it to be Tight-aggressive.
After ITM:
I will play the same hands, but will try to catch players with it.
The lake i have in my game is that i usually play those tournaments as a shortstack, except if i made a good start.
:D

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did I really post this is in the cash games section of the forum? :eek:

rounder22

rounder22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limp early and if you connect they will chip you up fast, bet big pre with big hands. Limp in lp with suited connectors they will play well against so many limpers. Get aggressive at the bubble they will tighten up considerably to cash alot of the time.

S

Skaplun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play the occasional freeroll to try different ideas out and 1 thing I havent figured out yet. What do you do when u sit down at a table where there is 5-6 players sitting out...i.e they registered and aren't playing. Someone on your table is raising every hand to take down the dead blinds. I play mostly on ipoker tables so the sitouts are all easily identifiable. What do I do? Reraise? Call with any decent hand? If I wait for a good hand they either fold or go Allin because they have u covered with their earlier gains. Any ideas?

you steal their blinds relentlessly

2-7MakesMeRaise

2-7MakesMeRaise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get a mod to wipe the cobwebs off this thread ! :D

Elie_Yammine

Elie_Yammine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played some of the freerolls out there and the only ones that i liked were on party poker. The reason being all the all-iners that every site seems to have. iI have at times called with good hands JJ or better, sometimes suited with A high hoping for a flush and it never failes that I get my a** kicked by 2 small pair (or even 1 pair) and always on the river. How can you play against someone that can and does get it on the river all the time?

You can't

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't
Of course you can. There is inevitably a lot of variance in any MTT format. People that don't like the style of play in freerolls and don't know how to exploit the terrible play that is on display don't have to play in them, but IMNVHO it is a good way to build your initial bankroll without depositing.

FWIW my limited experiences of $1 SnG tournaments suggest that the standards of play there are not really any better than the freerolls anyway, but you have the big advantage that you don't lose $1.10 because somebody sucks out on you if you are playing in a freeroll.

Elie_Yammine

Elie_Yammine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you can. There is inevitably a lot of variance in any MTT format. People that don't like the style of play in freerolls and don't know how to exploit the terrible play that is on display don't have to play in them, but IMNVHO it is a good way to build your initial bankroll without depositing.

It's true that I really dislike freerolls (set-aside the CC ones that I love!)...But what's that in bold?!?

L

Lamatt777

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The tips you give for how to play late and early are great tips but how can you say sitting out the whole time in a freerole will bring you into the money i have never seen or heard of this happening so when it does i will like to know

Status
Not open for further replies.