6-Max strategy

iboga

iboga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should I play tighter in 6-Max tourneys or play wider range of hands ?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely play a greater range. The fewer the number of opponents, the lower the odds of going up against multiple premium hands.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What Matt said. When i play a 6-Max tournament i try to dominate the table as much as possible. Play as many hands i can, but ofcourse, adjust if they don't allow me and play back at me. In a decent 6-Max table they won't allow you to do so and you'll slowly start bleeding chips. But in most 6-max games i play i win most chips by winniny many small pots because they simply play to tight, and i can play overly aggresive. When they finally do play a decent pot against me i can sometimes stack them 100-200bb deep because they stack off with top pair.

In general yes you play more hands and youll have to, but how lose depends on your table which also applys for a full ring.

gotace503

gotace503

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tighter hands and have a little room to bluff. not too much cus 6max tent to play tighter hnads and slow play.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play more hands in a six player table.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here the main thing is to play in the position. Early positions should be played with strong combinations, and in later positions - with a wider range of hands.

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
yes play more in position also if there is ante steal more

nucl

nucl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.

In a 6-max game (CG or MTT) your range must grow a little more.
You should take the advantage of the position more seriously because of the wide ranges that almost every opponents have and you should increase your 3b pre stats.
But 6-max has a plus for me, because there are fewer players it's easier to learn your opponents and their game quicker.

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u need play so much loose.. u need experience with that.. its too much diferent to 9max.