5 tips when playing with passive or weak players.

Lelai123

Lelai123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
5 tips when playing with passive or weak players.

1) Bet often when your opponent checks, especially with hands with high fold equity

2) Take advantage of the bluff if the hand is favorable like a 1-card straight, for example, the scarier it looks, the more bluffing it is, but if they don't fold but the face doesn't buy or sell anything, then the possibility of their hand leading far is high, knowing how to advance and retreat because the opponent This type of player plays quite well.

3) Absolutely remember to fold your cards when they come out to raise, only play with big cards like sets, nut barrels, nut straights or monster draws that calculate the odds enough to play.

4) You should choose bet sizes that are difficult for your opponents to call, simply because these opponents have nothing to play. They are afraid that if their cards are not strong or their cards are big, they will rush out to bet confidently, playing poker. What's the difference between betting and showing your cards to your opponent? It's quite easy to read. For example, with the same hand, whoever is more aggressive has a higher chance of winning. Assuming both you and your opponent hold 9To on the 2,7,8 rainbow, the result will naturally be whoever bets more. eat a lot of pot.

5) Bets that they feel are high risk to their stack will make it difficult for them to call big bets. If you encounter an opponent who often limp calls, you should open raise more. If your opponent limps raise, fight harder and vice versa. If you have position, remember to raise more than lose position. You should not slow play with these opponents because If I have a fresh flop and bet, they can still call, but if I check and raise, they immediately fold almost every bad hand.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I find there are two different types of tight-passive players, ones that call down everything (calling stations) and the non stations that fold way too much. Both are non aggressive.
For calling stations we can up our bet size because they don’t care, they want to call and see the next card. These players you do not bluff.
The week players who fold too much you can bluff away with small bets because they are just folding too much.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I find there are two different types of tight-passive players, ones that call down everything (calling stations) and the non stations that fold way too much. Both are non aggressive.
For calling stations we can up our bet size because they don’t care, they want to call and see the next card. These players you do not bluff.
The week players who fold too much you can bluff away with small bets because they are just folding too much.
Very important distinction.

Passive and weak are not the same thing. There are tight-weak and loose-passive for example.

Poker Tips