5 Reasons you lose too many pots.

G

Gameplayraja

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1. You bet too much. You go in on every hand to see the flop and you are ready to pay any price for it. This hurts in the long run.

2. You call and only call. This is a bad habit to acquire. Check out when to raise and when to check. Don't just blindly call or check.

3. Your bets don't match the pot. If you bet to low then you are allowing the opponent to see the next card for pretty much free. don't bet 200 into a 4000 pot. raise it up guys.

4. Betting fragile hands is another big reason you lose chips that you decide to drop later because they were set up for failure from the beginning. If you get a cheap flop go for it but don't go too high.

5. Feelings and Impatience... Poker is a rough world for the emotional guy. Tilting can ruin your day. Being impatient and going all in with a bad pair is also a bad habit.

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good advice thank you for the friendly reminders!

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
1. You bet too much. You go in on every hand to see the flop and you are ready to pay any price for it. This hurts in the long run.

my main mistake, in the long run disappear with my chips, thanks for the post :biggrin:

S

Silverblade

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good advice. I think most of us recognize ourself with one or two of these. Just need to be more discipline and work harder.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are good tips that should always be remembered
especially for those who are just starting their way in poker
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

2. You call and only call. This is a bad habit to acquire. Check out when to raise and when to check. Don't just blindly call or check.

3. Your bets don't match the pot. If you bet to low then you are allowing the opponent to see the next card for pretty much free. don't bet 200 into a 4000 pot. raise it up guys.

4. Betting fragile hands is another big reason you lose chips that you decide to drop later because they were set up for failure from the beginning. If you get a cheap flop go for it but don't go too high.

5. Feelings and Impatience... Poker is a rough world for the emotional guy. Tilting can ruin your day. Being impatient and going all in with a bad pair is also a bad habit.

Good advice:)

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For these reasons, I would add:
1. You drink too much alcohol during the game and bear you fantasy.
2. You fall in tilt because you have not read any mindset book.
3. You do not apply bankroll management rules. You love to shoot higher stakes.
4. You play tired, sleepy and nervous.
5. You spend too little time studying and analyzing your hands.

Twisterman

Twisterman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not being good enough at raising and C-betting in good possitions.
I upt my game alot when I got a little bit more agressive. But I like to pot control the turn or river just to lower the risk.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I faced some of these problems when I started playing. Now there are quite different.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
many factors, explore their hands after losing a game and not make conclusions, not only read the material and not calculating odds of a hand

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just calling blocker bets is another way to set yourself up to lose. Some players make larger size blocker bets on their way to completing their draws. Learn to spot blocker bets and apply larger pressure to these players.

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6. Not betting out when you smell weakness. It's never a good idea to give an opponent a free card.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good advice. I'd like to add that it is not so important how many pots you win or lose if you manage to lose a little and win a lot. Good pot control can help you to be able to play a few more pots, lose most of them and still make a profit when your winning hands are the ones with the really big pots

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Excellent points. It would do me good to remember and play with each of them in mind. Good luck.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm all of its factors can make you lose. in poker to win, you have to be disciplined and rigorous. but most importantly have a good reading of the games to identify the good spot.when you respect the basic rules. you can achieve your goals in the long run.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is really helpful information.

My main reason I lose too many pots is because I get into situations where bad beats happen with pocket pairs and big hands.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Topical tips.
I also believe that patience is the key to success in poker in the long run.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

To amend this one a bit. One issue I used to do a lot when I first started playing was to limp into almost every hand hoping to see a flop. When I was out of position I was getting killed by doing this and then folding to preflop raises.