dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
1. Do They Sweat On Their Forehead? Observation skills.
2. Measure Your Risk and Assets. Analytical Skills.
3. Know When You Should Give Up - Give up your ego, know your enemy and know yourself.
4. Everyone Wears a Lie Face – Poker Face. Stress control is an art to hide
5. Learn from Wrong Things and Quickly Forget the Past, make the right decisions

LuTsu

LuTsu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 - control my mental state
2 - control my phisical state
3 - improved sense of randomness in life
4 - importance of study and practice before execution
5 - dont work too much

dangtnh

dangtnh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
  1. Decision-Making Skills: Poker is a game of decisions, and players often face choices with incomplete information. Learning to make well-informed decisions under uncertainty is a crucial skill that can be applied in various aspects of life. This includes assessing risks, considering potential outcomes, and choosing the best course of action.
  2. Emotional Control: Success in poker requires emotional control and resilience. Players experience both wins and losses, and managing emotions, avoiding tilt (emotional frustration), and staying composed during challenging situations are valuable skills. These skills can contribute to better mental well-being and interpersonal relationships.
  3. Risk Management: Poker involves an element of risk, and understanding how to manage that risk is a fundamental aspect of the game. Learning to take calculated risks, assess probabilities, and balance potential rewards with potential losses is applicable in many real-life scenarios, such as business decisions or personal investments.
  4. Adaptability: Poker is a dynamic game, and successful players must adapt to changing circumstances, opponents, and strategies. The ability to adjust one's approach based on new information and evolving situations is a valuable life skill. Adaptability is essential in navigating the complexities of various environments.
  5. Bankroll Management: Responsible bankroll management is crucial for success in poker. This involves understanding how much money to risk in different situations and ensuring that one's financial resources can withstand the natural variance in the game. Applying principles of financial management in poker can translate to better financial decision-making in other areas of life.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I learned to control my emotions and make quick decisions and find a good moment to bluff

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, I have more, than 5 things, which learned and continue to learn from Poker... But most of Main from this All, by my personal opnion, is Patience!
And one more time: Patience, Patience, and Patience, and etc!..

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Patience, controlling my emotions, better observation of patterns, learning how to better trigger people and lastly... understanding that life is more that just poker or any other single thing. :)

M

Max Defensor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Don't play when you're tired
2. Don't call a bet unless you have a good reason

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
1. Do They Sweat On Their Forehead? Observation skills.
2. Measure Your Risk and Assets. Analytical Skills.
3. Know When You Should Give Up - Give up your ego, know your enemy and know yourself.
4. Everyone Wears a Lie Face – Poker Face. Stress control is an art to hide
5. Learn from Wrong Things and Quickly Forget the Past, make the right decisions
Superb thread, I will follow👍.